OEM Tires vs. Michelin Pilot Sport 4S (for track day)

Which wheel & tire setup to run?

• Total voters

haltamer

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8 (UK / RHD!)
Country flag
I'm actually looking to get a tire that is stiff enough to retain the OEM feel on 18's, but still be driveable in the rain. I'm worried that the PS4S will be too soft...
(Based on experiences in 255/35/20)

Do consider Cup2s.

I've been pleasantly suprised by their wet performance; As long as you don't frequently have to deal with extreme rain and standing water, you'd be perfectly fine:- If you are in standing water, just dial it right back and you'll be fine (Personally, I don't particularly care what tyre I'm on in the truly pissing rain - I'd rather not dice with it, and certainly won't be going 10/10ths "full attack")

In the "normal" wet / light rain (~10c) here in the UK, You can extract fairly good pace from them with a good degree of confidence once warmed up.

I'd wind it in and drive a bit more sedately in heavy rain, but even in poor conditions (very cold etc) I've not had any horrifying / unexpected departures into the scenery; They're very linear and will let you know exactly how much grip you've got to play with.

I did find the PS4S a touch too soft and understeer biased for my liking in 255/35; The Cup2 has entirely fixed that - Balance is the same as CSC6 (In 245/30), with a dollop of extra grip, and a mountain of extra handling feel.

There's certainly a reason they're standard fitment on the FK8 LE, Porsche GT Range, M2 CSL, Ferrari et al.
Sponsored