eshults5

First Name
Eugene C Shults
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R
Country flag
Mounting on the original wheels. Can't wait! Anyone else here have any experience? Is the tread life really what they say?
Sponsored

Gansan

First Name
Glen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 NSX, 2018 Civic Type R
Country flag
I have had them a few thousand miles.
  • Good grip, slightly less than SC6
  • Feels less vulnerable to flat tires, but that is likely psychological
  • Less sharp turn in response. Feels more rubbery.
  • More comfortable ride
  • Quieter. Less road noise.
  • I haven’t run them enough to know about treadwear, but the 300 treadwear rating tends to make me think they should last a while.

polishedmetalctr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Type R
Country flag
I have had them a few thousand miles.
  • Good grip, slightly less than SC6
  • Feels less vulnerable to flat tires, but that is likely psychological
  • Less sharp turn in response. Feels more rubbery.
  • More comfortable ride
  • Quieter. Less road noise.
  • I haven’t run them enough to know about treadwear, but the 300 treadwear rating tends to make me think they should last a while.
I have had them for about 1,000 miles and agree with all these points. They are SO much better than the stock Contis! Slightly less turn in but it got better after the first 500 miles. Much better straight line traction however. The ride is way way better

turboR

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 CW CTR #18775 / 2002 NB Miata (track car)
Country flag
Im on my second set, first was OEM size, new set is for my new rims at 265/40/18. Realistically expect to get about 16-20k miles max out of them for street/canyon driving and if you keep up with normal rotation. My OEM size set I think I got close to 18k miles, all DD and a few hard long canyon days, rotated about every 5-6k. FWD is very hard on the fronts so definitely have to pay attention to frequent rotation.

FK8Guy

Banned
Banned
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CTR FK8
Country flag
I have 9k on my stock tires and i feel unsafe driving with them

seed3540

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CTR
Country flag
I've got 5k on mine. I am running the stock size but I am also running them at a higher psi. I'm at 38/34 because they looked quite deflated at the stock psi even when warm.

Anyone else notice this?

remc86007

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R
Country flag
I've got 5k on mine. I am running the stock size but I am also running them at a higher psi. I'm at 38/34 because they looked quite deflated at the stock psi even when warm.

Anyone else notice this?
Interesting. I'm betting they have better turn in feel at that pressure. Do you notice any uneven wear from being overinflated?

I remember over a decade ago, I had high performance summer tires on my pretty heavily modified 6th gen Accord. I ran those tires 8 to 10 psi over what the door card said and never had uneven wear and got way better turn in response and more predictable loss of traction at the limit.

seed3540

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CTR
Country flag
It's hard to tell for now. I have only had it like that for the last 1000 miles. I will be rotating them soon so that will probably tell if it's uneven. The turn in is great at 38 psi.
Sponsored