MeanGreenSi

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si, 2018 Honda Accord Sport
Country flag
Just wait for the ACT 6 puck coming out this month. It will provide daily drive ability and you won't have to worry about a clutch for a long time unless you plan to make over 500lbs of tq
I waiting for some reviews on the ACT, as of right now I’m looking at FX400 and a SMF. My clutch doesn’t slip in map 1 at all. The map 2 and 3 to much for my clutch. I will be doing the clutch swap myself in my garage on the floor.
Sponsored

OP
OP
EkSean

EkSean

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PWP FC1
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Just wait for the ACT 6 puck coming out this month. It will provide daily drive ability and you won't have to worry about a clutch for a long time unless you plan to make over 500lbs of tq
This was actually my first choice but then I started looking at twin discs and wanted to get others inputs on them. So they are releasing this month for sure?

OP
OP
EkSean

EkSean

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PWP FC1
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I waiting for some reviews on the ACT, as of right now I’m looking at FX400 and a SMF. My clutch doesn’t slip in map 1 at all. The map 2 and 3 to much for my clutch. I will be doing the clutch swap myself in my garage on the floor.
I was also considering action clutch as well. Idk if you’ve heard any horror stories or good reviews on them. My clutch is slipping in map 3 not in sport but if I do a normal 1-4 pull, it’s fine even no lift shifting. I’m curious on what you decide to go clutch wise. I’m gonna be doing the same thing in my garage as well.

MeanGreenSi

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si, 2018 Honda Accord Sport
Country flag
I was also considering action clutch as well. Idk if you’ve heard any horror stories or good reviews on them. My clutch is slipping in map 3 not in sport but if I do a normal 1-4 pull, it’s fine even no lift shifting. I’m curious on what you decide to go clutch wise. I’m gonna be doing the same thing in my garage as well.
I have heard bad about all so far. But I believe the Clutch Masters is better then Action or Spec. I don’t daily my car but only drive it on the street no track use. I’m going with a 6 puck. I hope to order my clutch in January or February, trying to hold out to see what the ACT is about. I already bought a front sway bar and anti lift kit by whiteline for when I do the clutch I will do it all at once. Not worried about a smooth ride as I have 82a motor mounts and a 27won RMM. I just want a clutch that will hold the power.

OP
OP
EkSean

EkSean

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PWP FC1
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I have heard bad about all so far. But I believe the Clutch Masters is better then Action or Spec. I don’t daily my car but only drive it on the street no track use. I’m going with a 6 puck. I hope to order my clutch in January or February, trying to hold out to see what the ACT is about. I already bought a front sway bar and anti lift kit by whiteline for when I do the clutch I will do it all at once. Not worried about a smooth ride as I have 82a motor mounts and a 27won RMM. I just want a clutch that will hold the power.
I’m gonna be waiting until probably February before I get a clutch. I think I’ll see what people say about the act as well and if all else fails I can do the fx400 with the upgraded cmc. I do daily my car but I had an fx400 in a 97 civic with a built lsvtec and it wasn’t great but wasn’t horrible either.

Drew36

First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
It is Advanced Clutch Technologies not the other brand Action clutch and advanced clutch technologies (ACT) has great customer service, I also ran there clutches in my subaru and loved it. I was told by them personally that it will be out this month very soon. I will be getting it day of release and do a review, I am wanting the organic 363ft-lb disk for daily purposes. The 6 puck will have a little chatter though as it did on my subaru

OP
OP
EkSean

EkSean

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PWP FC1
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
It is Advanced Clutch Technologies not the other brand Action clutch and advanced clutch technologies (ACT) has great customer service, I also ran there clutches in my subaru and loved it. I was told by them personally that it will be out this month very soon. I will be getting it day of release and do a review, I am wanting the organic 363ft-lb disk for daily purposes. The 6 puck will have a little chatter though as it did on my subaru
Oh yes I know, I was referring to action clutch because I haven’t really heard many reviews like spec or cm. I’m going to be waiting for that review haha I don’t mind chatter at all. I just want a good clutch I won’t need to replace later on cause it can’t handle the power.

Drew36

First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
Oh yes I know, I was referring to action clutch because I haven’t really heard many reviews like spec or cm. I’m going to be waiting for that review haha I don’t mind chatter at all. I just want a good clutch I won’t need to replace later on cause it can’t handle the power.
Ohhhh gotcha haha

swah_fk7

Regamaster King
First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Si Coupe, 2017 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
ACT has that pucked and a full face organic. The full face organic holds 380 ft lbs which is more than what any of us will make on stock turbo/motor

Drew36

First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
ACT has that pucked and a full face organic. The full face organic holds 380 ft lbs which is more than what any of us will make on stock turbo/motor
Right... Like I said above, I am getting the organic.

Drew36

First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
So with the full disk hold the W1 turbo full bolt on with the base map no problem? Stock block also
ACT also told me they under rate there clutches a little and is expected to last as long as oem or longer
Sponsored