PHubb

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic LX, 2012 Accord
Country flag
Hello @andreiluis12 Have you completed you install yet? If so, send us a couple of pictures. I hope it worked out for you. -Paul
Sponsored

andreiluis12

First Name
Andrei
Threads
Reaction score
5787 W Cromwell Ave Fresno, California 93722
Vehicle(s)
Honda civic hatchback sport 2018
Country flag
Did your unit come with any connectors, cables or pig tails? You absolutely need that cable with the blue connector end. It's for communication between HU and screen. I believe the part # is:
39725-TBA-A01

@ Hondapartsnow
My head unit came with it, but if you have the ends (connectors) with pigtails you can make a cable by soldering a patch cord together. Can I ask if you got your AM/FM tuner module and a GPS antenna? Some pictures of your setup would make it easier for us to help

Yow bro the unit is working now but the reverse camera isnt. Do you know where could i find the blue wire that zed is talking cuz theres no blue wire in the package. Do i need to pull it on one of the bundled wires?

Honda Civic 10th gen NEW V2! 2016+ Civic 7 Inch Radio Upgrade Plug and Play Wiring Harness 518B427F-8CB1-4EB5-B409-0E8443519DC9

andreiluis12

First Name
Andrei
Threads
Reaction score
5787 W Cromwell Ave Fresno, California 93722
Vehicle(s)
Honda civic hatchback sport 2018
Country flag
Props to zed for the harness! Everything was installed successfully! Highly recommended if you don’t want to mess around with wires! Plug n play.

AC140497-47F1-4879-AE2F-7FA0D5E79E25.jpeg

8866CF3A-4DAB-497F-91AC-0DA85A5E6593.jpeg
Hey guys i just need a little help. Everything works fine but for the reverse camera, i tried plugging it in all the way and t-tap it on both two mint green wires on the side kick panel and it still doesnt work. Then after pulling and inserting it several times, it was broken. So you have any idea on what to do or where could i get another wire like this? thanks in advance

Honda Civic 10th gen NEW V2! 2016+ Civic 7 Inch Radio Upgrade Plug and Play Wiring Harness D325596A-B7AE-4796-909C-EE7D2ED779AE

PHubb

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Did you download @Zed instructions - PDF? Here are pictures for the backup camera wire hookup.
The blue wire in Zed's kit is a separate wire. In my kit the backup wire was green - see pictures
Honda Civic 10th gen NEW V2! 2016+ Civic 7 Inch Radio Upgrade Plug and Play Wiring Harness 2016+ Civic 7 Inch Radio Upgrade Plug and Play Wiring Harness backup wirin
Honda Civic 10th gen NEW V2! 2016+ Civic 7 Inch Radio Upgrade Plug and Play Wiring Harness 2016+ Civic 7 Inch Radio Upgrade Plug and Play Wiring Harness Post_Page_11
Honda Civic 10th gen NEW V2! 2016+ Civic 7 Inch Radio Upgrade Plug and Play Wiring Harness 2016+ Civic 7 Inch Radio Upgrade Plug and Play Wiring Harness Post_Page_12
Honda Civic 10th gen NEW V2! 2016+ Civic 7 Inch Radio Upgrade Plug and Play Wiring Harness 2016+ Civic 7 Inch Radio Upgrade Plug and Play Wiring Harness Post_Page_13
Honda Civic 10th gen NEW V2! 2016+ Civic 7 Inch Radio Upgrade Plug and Play Wiring Harness 2016+ Civic 7 Inch Radio Upgrade Plug and Play Wiring Harness Post_Page_14
Honda Civic 10th gen NEW V2! 2016+ Civic 7 Inch Radio Upgrade Plug and Play Wiring Harness 2016+ Civic 7 Inch Radio Upgrade Plug and Play Wiring Harness Post_Page_15
Honda Civic 10th gen NEW V2! 2016+ Civic 7 Inch Radio Upgrade Plug and Play Wiring Harness 2016+ Civic 7 Inch Radio Upgrade Plug and Play Wiring Harness Post_Page_16

Honda Civic 10th gen NEW V2! 2016+ Civic 7 Inch Radio Upgrade Plug and Play Wiring Harness Honda Civic radio install (6).JPG

Honda Civic 10th gen NEW V2! 2016+ Civic 7 Inch Radio Upgrade Plug and Play Wiring Harness Honda Civic radio install resize (5)
Honda Civic 10th gen NEW V2! 2016+ Civic 7 Inch Radio Upgrade Plug and Play Wiring Harness Honda Civic radio install resize (8)

Last edited:

n9yty

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Hatchback EX
Country flag
The more I search on this, the more confused I get. So I'm asking for help. :)

Is there a consolidated list of what is needed to upgrade the 5" in a 2019 Civic Sedan LX to the 7" ?

I have a 2019 CIvic Hatchback EX with the 7" radio, and my son bought a used 2019 Civic Sedan LX with the 5" radio and we would like to swap it out for a 7".

I'm confused about exactly what we need to buy and sources to get them. There seem to be so many threads/posts with information scattered that I can't seem to make a comprehensive list of what is needed.

Thanks in advance!

dem2757

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 FK7
Country flag

Is there a consolidated list of what is needed to upgrade the 5" in a 2019 Civic Sedan LX to the 7" ?

I have a 2019 CIvic Hatchback EX with the 7" radio, and my son bought a used 2019 Civic Sedan LX with the 5" radio and we would like to swap it out for a 7".

I'm confused about exactly what we need to buy and sources to get them. There seem to be so many threads/posts with information scattered that I can't seem to make a comprehensive list of what is needed.

Thanks in advance!
you need the harness or make your own to convert the sport/lx wiring to the touchscreen headunits
GPS unit
Radio tuner unit
Headunit of your choose (full touch or touch with buttons)

You can avoid using the gps or radio tuner but then you have a worthless swap besides a nice screen. GPS on CarPlay and android auto apparently won’t work, and the radio tuner is what is necessary to allow the headunit to decode the am/fm signal

I used Amazon for the gps unit, and AHParts / eBay for the headunit and radio tuner units for used oem parts.

there’s not one specific source for these items at this time.

PHubb

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag

Thanks in advance!
Hi @n9yty Have you done the upgrade on your son's car yet?
Most people who've done this upgrade bought their 7" screens with head unit off eBay.
There are several variations of head unit but they're all basically interchangeable except for the ones that fit the R models with the premium 10 speaker sound & separate 450 watt amp.
The basic HU part # is 39101-TBA-Axx.
The AM/FM/HD radio tuner module is part # 39800-TBA-A21 (available on eBay).
The GPS antenna part I bought off Amazon is: BingFu GPS antenna for Honda, Toyota, Nissan, etc. It has a gray connector (NOT SMA) on the end that fits our HU. Part # X0024X1ME5
All of the Civic screens will work, just depends on whether you want volume buttons or all touch screen.
With @Zed wire harness and his installation PDF, you'll be good to go.
I have a basic, good working head unit # 39101-TBA-A21 with unlock code, but no screen or tuner module. PM me if you're interested. You'll have to purchase the screen and FM tuner module separately.
If you have any further questions, ask. Paul

n9yty

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
@PHubb Thanks, but looking at the costs, I didn't think it was worth it. Especially since I have that 7" in my hatchback and have always thought it was just "ok".

I purchased a Joying 9" model made for the civic and was so pleased, I purchased one for my hatch. I couldn't be happier. The sound quality is immensely improved, options galore, bigger screen, so fast and responsive...

The only downside is that on the hatch I lost the maintenance minder, I suspect that is tracked in the OEM head unit... ? Not a big loss, I'm very pleased with the new units.

PHubb

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
@PHubb Thanks, but looking at the costs, I didn't think it was worth it. Especially since I have that 7" in my hatchback and have always thought it was just "ok".

I purchased a Joying 9" model made for the civic and was so pleased, I purchased one for my hatch. I couldn't be happier. The sound quality is immensely improved, options galore, bigger screen, so fast and responsive...

The only downside is that on the hatch I lost the maintenance minder, I suspect that is tracked in the OEM head unit... ? Not a big loss, I'm very pleased with the new units.
@n9yty You made a good choice - the Joying units are generally very good. These touch screen upgrades bring older cars into the modern age. I put one in my wife's still pristine 2012 Accord and it's worked out well, especially since I got the 4G-LTE network figured out.
I went OEM on my Civic because it has the 'Honda Sense' safety package plus I didn't want to loose the built in SiriusXM radio feature which I use everyday. We can still get XM radio on the Accord but it's through the Sirius app for Android which is limited. A good feature of the Accord touch screen setup is you keep the OEM FM radio/CD player which my wife still uses - kind of the best of both worlds. Good luck with your new units - Paul

n9yty

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
@PHubb Thanks! I never used Sirius on the radio. My wife has it in her CR-V, and I have used the app to get 70's or 80's station at times in my car but not often. The app is a mess, I totally get what you are saying.

We both have Honda Sensing and I haven't noticed that we lost anything with the Joying. I still can use (or not) my LaneWatch camera on the right, and every other feature still works as intended.

I'm glad there are options. I was glad to see someone (Metro) actually came out with an aftermarket install option, but that screen for the Honda functions and a "out of the box" 2din type radio really looks out of place to me. The Joying at least looks like it came off the factory floor like that.

I'm glad there are options though, not everyone has the same needs or desires.

Best to you!

Magnum

First Name
Damian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17' Honda Civic Coupe FC4
Country flag
Reading a bit I'm wondering..... is it even worth swapping for the 7" if people have so many issues with it? I'd rather keep the radio swap as close to OEM as possible in this case. Trying to get a list of stuff I need and decide which head unit I want as there's only a few harnesses left on eBay.

On top of that, how exactly am I supposed to find which head unit my vehicle requires? There's quite a lot of part numbers...

Last edited:

PHubb

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Reading a bit I'm wondering..... is it even worth swapping for the 7" if people have so many issues with it? I'd rather keep the radio swap as close to OEM as possible in this case. Trying to get a list of stuff I need and decide which head unit I want as there's only a few harnesses left on eBay.

On top of that, how exactly am I supposed to find which head unit my vehicle requires? There's quite a lot of part numbers...
@Magnum Hello; Question: doesn't your Coupe already have a 7" factory touch screen?
TBT I haven't had any issues with my 7" OEM upgrade. It's worked out well. I guess I've been lucky because I haven't experienced the crashes and other problems people have reported with the OEM units. I did the work around so I can watch MP4 videos on a USB flash drive using the Gallery app, but that's about it. The aftermarket units (Joying for example) do offer a larger screen & more options for installing apps, watching youtube, etc. but I like having built in XM radio and factory integration. This retrofit has been a major upgrade to my basic LX sedan - I'm happy I did it and recommend it, especially if you like your Civic and plan on keeping it. As far as the parts needed, read my post (5th previous) on this thread. I list the basic parts necessary to do this upgrade and will be happy to answer any questions. - Paul

Magnum

First Name
Damian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17' Honda Civic Coupe FC4
Country flag
@Magnum Hello; Question: doesn't your Coupe already have a 7" factory touch screen?
TBT I haven't had any issues with my 7" OEM upgrade. It's worked out well. I guess I've been lucky because I haven't experienced the crashes and other problems people have reported with the OEM units. I did the work around so I can watch MP4 videos on a USB flash drive using the Gallery app, but that's about it. The aftermarket units (Joying for example) do offer a larger screen & more options for installing apps, watching youtube, etc. but I like having built in XM radio and factory integration. This retrofit has been a major upgrade to my basic LX sedan - I'm happy I did it and recommend it, especially if you like your Civic and plan on keeping it. As far as the parts needed, read my post (5th previous) on this thread. I list the basic parts necessary to do this upgrade and will be happy to answer any questions. - Paul
Hey! Nah, it's got the standard 5" display. It's a base model LX coupe, so it shouldn't be too hard to retrofit. The whole thing with the radio anti-theft code threw me off at first, but as long as I can find one where the seller has a VIN for the vehicle it was pulled from, it shouldn't be too hard to get the code I need.

I do have a question, however. I mentioned it before but it's still confusing me a bit. Are there any major differences between the different part numbers/each head unit? There's quite a lot of part numbers and I'm not really sure which one I should be looking for. Does it depend on vehicle MY and/or body style? Thanks!
-Damian

PHubb

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Hey! Nah, it's got the standard 5" display. It's a base model LX coupe, so it shouldn't be too hard to retrofit. The whole thing with the radio anti-theft code threw me off at first, but as long as I can find one where the seller has a VIN for the vehicle it was pulled from, it shouldn't be too hard to get the code I need.

I do have a question, however. I mentioned it before but it's still confusing me a bit. Are there any major differences between the different part numbers/each head unit? There's quite a lot of part numbers and I'm not really sure which one I should be looking for. Does it depend on vehicle MY and/or body style? Thanks!
-Damian
The only HU that is not compatible with the upgrade are the units that are in the R & some SI models with the premium sound system (10 speaker with external 450 watt amp). Here's a picture of a HU for premium sound which is not compatible. As I mentioned before I have a good working head unit with the unlock code. You'll still have to source a screen (any Civic screen will work), AM/FM/HD tuner module, GPS antenna, @Zed wiring harness and you'll be good to go. Note: the black connection (top left) next to white tuner connection is for SiriusXM radio (antenna). Not all HU have XM radio or built in NAV but they all have wired CarPlay, AA, AM/FM/HD radio. The built in NAV is outdated and basically worthless, but I use XM radio everyday (requires a subscription).
PM if you're interested in my HU (part # 39101-TBA-A21). I have pictures.-Paul
Honda Civic 10th gen NEW V2! 2016+ Civic 7 Inch Radio Upgrade Plug and Play Wiring Harness Radio HU with external amplifier resize 2
Sponsored