2016-17 EX factory radio wiring diagram needed

Synomenon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 EX Hatch
Country flag
I noticed this on my HU today. It's a 2017 Sport Touring Hatchback.

When I was putting everything back together, I accidentally plugged the climate controls' plug into that port (perfect fit) and thought nothing of it until I couldn't find the plug for the climate controls.

Here you go .... (attached PDFs)
One for the HU
One for the AMP

=============================================

HU-Unknown_connector.jpg

The only Head Unit Connector I cannot find any info about is the one pictured above (red circle)
FRUSTRATING, especially if its a non used Audio Input connector of some sort.

ANYONE KNOW ?
It NOT USED on the 2018 Si, so is not included in the 1st PDF attachment which is for the 2018 Si.
Sponsored

HondaDNA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Hx, 17 Sport
Country flag
I noticed this on my HU today. It's a 2017 Sport Touring Hatchback.

When I was putting everything back together, I accidentally plugged the climate controls' plug into that port (perfect fit) and thought nothing of it until I couldn't find the plug for the climate controls.
Did you lose the back lighting to switches and gagues?
Honda Civic 10th gen 2016-17 EX factory radio wiring diagram needed Screenshot_20200517-122517

ladysi

First Name
Andrea
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic si black sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Here you go .... (attached PDFs)
One for the HU
One for the AMP

=============================================

HU-Unknown_connector.jpg

The only Head Unit Connector I cannot find any info about is the one pictured above (red circle)
FRUSTRATING, especially if its a non used Audio Input connector of some sort.

ANYONE KNOW ?
It NOT USED on the 2018 Si, so is not included in the 1st PDF attachment which is for the 2018 Si.
I wonder if this is for the hdmi port on asian models? If so, I wonder if the head unit supports it oob if the cable existed....

Last edited:

number41

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic EX
Country flag
If I am connecting a powered sub to a 2017 ex, would I need to tap into the Gry and Purple for one RCA from the line out converter and then Light Green and Light Blu on the other RCA from the line out converter?

Does that make sense?

And the remote can go to the Yellow? Or I could just run the remote to the fuse box to a fuse that only comes on when the car starts?

Thanks for any help.

BrandonSmith

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX 2.0L
Country flag
If I am connecting a powered sub to a 2017 ex, would I need to tap into the Gry and Purple for one RCA from the line out converter and then Light Green and Light Blu on the other RCA from the line out converter?

Does that make sense?

And the remote can go to the Yellow? Or I could just run the remote to the fuse box to a fuse that only comes on when the car starts?

Thanks for any help.
yes

Nathanrose30

First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Honda Civic
Country flag
So I installed a 4 channel amplifier and I have everything except for the backlights for the climate control. I have a good power but bad ground according to Honda. Does anyone know where the ground is located for the radio?

HondaDNA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Hx, 17 Sport
Country flag
HortUOTE="Nathanrose30, post: 967596, member: 44817"]
So I installed a 4 channel amplifier and I have everything except for the backlights for the climate control. I have a good power but bad ground according to Honda. Does anyone know where the ground is located for the radio?
[/QUOTE]
You messed up! Plugged climate control into the radio and shorted out the circuit in the gague cluster. Need a new cluster

Ocelot

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 EX-T sedan, '12 LX sedan
Country flag
HortUOTE="Nathanrose30, post: 967596, member: 44817"]
You messed up! Plugged climate control into the radio and shorted out the circuit in the gague cluster. Need a new cluster
[/QUOTE]
I think there should be a seal over top of that wrong connector on the radio to prevent this - but there isn't

Nathanrose30

First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Honda Civic
Country flag
I think there should be a seal over top of that wrong connector on the radio to prevent this - but there isn't
[/QUOTE]
If this were the case wouldn’t the whole climate control not work not just the backlights?

nana0665

First Name
Arjuna
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Ex Hatch
Country flag
Super article, specially the wiring diagram, if not I would have got this wrong removing the head unit to attach a Pioneer class D subwoofer.

One observation - White rem line gives only 6V max. It was not enough to pulse the amp. I had to tap an to an ACC (Wireless charger) wire instead.

My Civic Hatch has 11 speakers, Tapping the top mounted mid range gave poor sounds. The FR/FL wires still worked as inputs the to class D amp as per above diagram. Sounds good now.

I cannot understand why Honda invested in a power amp via a fiber link and produced so low quality without building that in the head unit. Bit of over engineering.

Last edited:

camidekipapaz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Sedan FC5
Country flag
I have a question. I'm going to wire Sony XM-S400D amplifier to my stock FC5 7" headunit and I don't want to run seperate 12v and ground from the battery. I was looking at the wiring diagram for the 24pin connection and pin A3 is marked as " Continuous power source" is this the one I need to tap for 12v for amplifier? I couldn't be sure, can anyone assist me with this?

BrandonSmith

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX 2.0L
Country flag
I have a question. I'm going to wire Sony XM-S400D amplifier to my stock FC5 7" headunit and I don't want to run seperate 12v and ground from the battery. I was looking at the wiring diagram for the 24pin connection and pin A3 is marked as " Continuous power source" is this the one I need to tap for 12v for amplifier? I couldn't be sure, can anyone assist me with this?
You have to run separate power from the battery. An amplifier pulls way too much current to use the 18ga wiring going to the radio.

PHubb

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic LX, 2012 Accord
Country flag
@SCOPESYS I believe the vacant unused port connector (12 pin) you're referring to is used only for Honda/manufacturer testing/diagnostics. It does not affect anything we're doing with this upgrade
Hope this helps
Sponsored