• ⛔️ EFFECTIVE JANUARY 16, 2023 ⛔️ 

ATTENTION SELLERS: All users who wish to sell in the marketplace are now required to abide by the following RULES. If a sales thread/post created ON OR AFTER January 16, 2023, does not comply, it is subject to DELETION without notice.

ATTENTION BUYERS: If you see a non-compliant sales thread, please REPORT the thread and take CAUTION when transacting.

Rule #1 - Post a picture of the actual item you are selling (NO stock photos).
    Rule #2 - The picture must include a REAL piece of paper with your Username and the Date written on it next to the product you are selling. NO photoshop or digitally edited photos are allowed.
    Rule #3 - NO "feeler" threads are permitted. This section is only for items that are actually available and ready to be sold currently.
    Rule #4 - The listing must include an asking price. OBO (or best offer) is allowed but it must be accompanied by an asking price.
    Rule #5 - No "threadcrapping." Classifieds threads are not meant for negative discussions. Comments on pricing are not allowed. Only people with genuine questions and interest in the item for sale should be posting in the classifieds threads.

Sold: Ohio New tires and rims

bbeem

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 si sedan, FZ1, CR450R, Shadow 750
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
The pictures don't lie which confuses me even more. The OEM hub is definitely 5x114.3, the wheel pic clearly shows 5x100/5x105, and a pic looking mounted correctly. What's going on here? $500 is a good price though. What lug nuts did you use, factory?
Sponsored

disgraced.fk8

IG: @break_ya_neck_fk7
First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Boost Blue Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
The pictures don't lie which confuses me even more. The OEM hub is definitely 5x114.3, the wheel pic clearly shows 5x100/5x105, and a pic looking mounted correctly. What's going on here? $500 is a good price though. What lug nuts did you use, factory?
Right???The only way this works is if the holes are like, way too big, which is a concern haha. Theoretically, if the hole is tapered at the front and you have a taper on the lug, it should pull itself in, but I feel like a whole centimeter further out from the center of the wheel would not fit.
When you had the lugs off, did the studs come into the center of the holes in the wheel?

OP
OP

Lemmon99

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Right???The only way this works is if the holes are like, way too big, which is a concern haha. Theoretically, if the hole is tapered at the front and you have a taper on the lug, it should pull itself in, but I feel like a whole centimeter further out from the center of the wheel would not fit.
When you had the lugs off, did the studs come into the center of the holes in the wheel?
I drove with these wheels for nearly 700 miles. I figure if their was an issue there would be wear on the rims or lugs possibly? I do not see any wear from malmounting.

disgraced.fk8

First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Boost Blue Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I did use factory lugs, I apologize. My tire shop did not say anything. I did not take them off myself. Would you like a picture of the lug holes? Maybe this can help?
If you got rid of the car, I don't think you'll have the pic I am looking for. Basically I am curious as to whether the 5 studs coming through the wheel are center inside the 5 holes where they are supposed to go. Since it says it fits multiple sizes (100 and 105), the holes have to be bigger to begin with, but not by much. I feel like there's just a lot of play between the 5 studs and the 5 holes in the wheel.

Also if you got it done at a shop I'm almost certain you won't have the pics I'm talking about.

This is such a curious case!!!

OP
OP

Lemmon99

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Could it be these measurements are
If you got rid of the car, I don't think you'll have the pic I am looking for. Basically I am curious as to whether the 5 studs coming through the wheel are center inside the 5 holes where they are supposed to go. Since it says it fits multiple sizes (100 and 105), the holes have to be bigger to begin with, but not by much. I feel like there's just a lot of play between the 5 studs and the 5 holes in the wheel.

Also if you got it done at a shop I'm almost certain you won't have the pics I'm talking about.

This is such a curious case!!!
Agreed

OP
OP

Lemmon99

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Comes with 20 of these
Honda Civic 10th gen New tires and rims 20200731_110403

Honda Civic 10th gen New tires and rims 20200731_110413

bbeem

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Maybe hubcentric rings would have alleviated some of the problem if they were oversize? The wheel is hard to find but I find it on tirerack in the correct size. I can't imagine the wheels being mis stamped though.
Honda Civic 10th gen New tires and rims Screenshot_20200731-100814

Honda Civic 10th gen New tires and rims Screenshot_20200731-100056

OP
OP

Lemmon99

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Shop said the rims have a hub centric ring. Not sure what that is.

OP
OP

Lemmon99

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Maybe hubcentric rings would have alleviated some of the problem if they were oversize? The wheel is hard to find but I find it on tirerack in the correct size. I can't imagine the wheels being mis stamped though.
Screenshot_20200731-100814.jpg

Screenshot_20200731-100056.jpg
Interesting.

disgraced.fk8

First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Boost Blue Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Screenshot_20200731-100814.jpg

Screenshot_20200731-100056.jpg
Eh, they're sport editions. Cheap wheels made in cheap factory, maybe not so great QC. Or they could just have screwed up the mold and said eff it haha.

At this point I'm more likely to believe that they are mis marked as we have pictures of them on the car and all, like wtf man!! Lugs look good too.

I'm gonna look and see if they even make them in 100 or 105

bbeem

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Interesting.
For sure. How did you purchase them? Is there a way to reference the part number to that 5x114 in pic? P2775485114BS I can't imagine someone drilling them if you bought third party, would be more expensive than it's worth.

disgraced.fk8

First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Boost Blue Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
For sure. How did you purchase them? Is there a way to reference the part number to that 5x114 in pic? P2775485114BS I can't imagine someone drilling them if you bought third party, would be more expensive than it's worth.
Eh, if you have a drill press, the drill will self center into the hole already there and you just make it a bit bigger. Just super janky to do that!!!

OP
OP

Lemmon99

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Eh, if you have a drill press, the drill will self center into the hole already there and you just make it a bit bigger. Just super janky to do that!!!
Not sure, I do not have any referance numbers.

OP
OP

Lemmon99

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I got them on tire rack.

bbeem

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I got them on tire rack.
I called tire rack. I just received enkei ts-vs from them so I had an excuse. He said they have this 5x114 but there's no way a 5x100 could fit. I asked if he's ever seen them mis stamped and he said no not personally. He said you could call in and confirm the wheel to your order though. If you just entered the car instead of selecting the specific wheel they would match it up for you, and it seems they matched the correct 5x114 since it fit but why is it stamped 5x100. If they did mis stamp it and you confirm with them maybe some discount tires might be in your future.;)
Sponsored