BlueHatchEX

First Name
Celine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic hatchback EX
Country flag
Anyone know the size of the rims i can install on a 10th gen civic hatchback? Also if i should get new tires to go along with it?
Sponsored

JasNeo

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Si Coupe
Country flag
Anyone know the size of the rims i can install on a 10th gen civic hatchback? Also if i should get new tires to go along with it?
Well that all depends. How big do you want the wheels? Are you trying to go for the absolute biggest wheels you possibly can or are you just looking for a small increase? Do you want new tires or do you want to just swap the ones that are on your current wheels over? These are all questions that need to be answered first before we can actually discuss wheel sizing. Most of it, like buying new tires, is up to your preference

OP
OP
BlueHatchEX

BlueHatchEX

First Name
Celine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic hatchback EX
Country flag
Well that all depends. How big do you want the wheels? Are you trying to go for the absolute biggest wheels you possibly can or are you just looking for a small increase? Do you want new tires or do you want to just swap the ones that are on your current wheels over? These are all questions that need to be answered first before we can actually discuss wheel sizing. Most of it, like buying new tires, is up to your preference
I don’t really have a need for new tires so most likely just swapping out the rims. If i want to stay the same size then i should be able to just keep the same tires right?

dstix747

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Hatchback Sport Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I don’t really have a need for new tires so most likely just swapping out the rims. If i want to stay the same size then i should be able to just keep the same tires right?
Yes, but remember that wheel selection also must consider the offset. You can fill outward with a smaller offset (+35 versus OEM typical offset of +50). Another thing to consider is whether you're planning on putting on lowering springs. Then you have to think about clearance too. There is a whole thread on this here:

Post your aftermarket wheel/tire set up | 2016+ Honda Civic Forum (10th Gen) - Type R Forum, Si Forum - CivicX.com

Also, look at Fitment Industries. They are the best at matching up wheels for whatever look you want, and they have great wheel prices for sets of 4.

Fitment Industries | Create Your Custom Car | Wheels, Tires, and Accessories

Just enter your make/model info and tell them how you want them to fit.

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
OP, your stock tires are 215/50-17. Stock wheel size is 17x7; +45 offset.

An aftermarket 17x7 or 17x7.5 would work great with your stock tires. Personally, I'd go with 17x7.5's.

The lower the offset of the wheel, the further it will stick out from stock. A 17x7.5 wheel with anything from a +35 to +45 offset would work well IMO.

Last edited:

Troy Jollimore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring, 2018 VW Golf
Country flag
Heh. Even tire shop employees get overwhelmed with all of the numbers. Maybe it would be easier to find a picture or two of the look that you want, and we can offer suggestions to help you get there. Also, just confirm the numbers on the sides of your current tires to make sure of what @gtman said above, just to be sure.

OP
OP
BlueHatchEX

BlueHatchEX

First Name
Celine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic hatchback EX
Country flag
Yes, but remember that wheel selection also must consider the offset. You can fill outward with a smaller offset (+35 versus OEM typical offset of +50). Another thing to consider is whether you're planning on putting on lowering springs. Then you have to think about clearance too. There is a whole thread on this here:

Post your aftermarket wheel/tire set up | 2016+ Honda Civic Forum (10th Gen) - Type R Forum, Si Forum - CivicX.com

Also, look at Fitment Industries. They are the best at matching up wheels for whatever look you want, and they have great wheel prices for sets of 4.

Fitment Industries | Create Your Custom Car | Wheels, Tires, and Accessories

Just enter your make/model info and tell them how you want them to fit.
Great thank you!!
Sponsored