USNguy

First Name
steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Civic LX 2018 Civic LX HB
Country flag
I'm in the process of getting a 2018 civic hatchback LX, it's being delivered to the dealer thursday and having some accessories installed, picking it up saturday.
My question is about the remote start system; Does remote start work, and have full functionality, as an add-on without the keyless pushbutton start system stock on the EX+ trims?

The dealer said they have never heard of remote start without keyless pushbutton start, but they believed it would work, I'm just looking for a second opinion. Would the immobilizer kick in if I started driving after remote starting the car? Does the stock non-keyless RFID sensor that normally senses the RFID in the ignition have the range to sense it in my pocket in the car? Would I have to insert the key into the ignition after remote starting and entering the car?
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP

USNguy

First Name
steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
On my EXT, the stock remote start system has to have you push the brake and start/stop button for deactivation. If you didn't, the car would shutoff as a safety/security feature.

When I has my 2015 CRV aftermarket Code Alarm installed, I had to hold the start button in on the fob to unlock the doors, the brake -stop/start button to engage.
I won't have a push start/stop button on the dash, and assuming I used the remote start system the ignition would be in the off position when I got in it, so how would I physically stop the engine, and how would I drive without a key in the RFID range of a non-keyless system, or does the stock RFID range cover the entire cabin?
It's a really weird situation.

OP
OP

USNguy

First Name
steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
You'll need the key. Turn it to the acc position while pressing the brake and it should engage. I just remembered my mother-in-laws RAV4 has a key also and that's what needs to be done.
I guess that sounds right, thanks.
Sponsored