First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 CRV Touring, 2017 Civic EX Sedan Honda Sensing
Country flag
metal flakes new engine 2020

LOL!!! That is an FCA (Yes, Fiat) product. You would be lucky to get home without something breaking on the day you bought it!

You are certainly not hurting anything by changing the oil early but as a life long Honda owner (6 of them so far), I can tell you that the engine will be the least of your worries. My previous Civic was a 2001 with the 1.7 liter and had 260,000 km when the transmission decided to die (A known issue for that year, sadly). It didn't burn a lick of oil.

And belated welcome to Canada!
Sponsored

OP
OP
Nick20

Nick20

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic Sport Coupe Manual
Country flag
LOL!!! That is an FCA (Yes, Fiat) product. You would be lucky to get home without something breaking on the day you bought it!

You are certainly not hurting anything by changing the oil early but as a life long Honda owner (6 of them so far), I can tell you that the engine will be the least of your worries. My previous Civic was a 2001 with the 1.7 liter and had 260,000 km when the transmission decided to die (A known issue for that year, sadly). It didn't burn a lick of oil.

And belated welcome to Canada!
Hi Jason, fully agree with you FCA=Trash ;) Nice to hear and 260 K is nice well done ! Thanks also for your welcome :) Best regards, Nick