After 24 years I finally built my first car

suhhh

First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Current: 2020 Civic Si Coupe Past: 2018 Civic Si Coupe, 2014 Prius, 2013 Civic LX 5spd
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Hi all, just writing this post out of pure happiness and appreciation and wanted to share the love with you all. After 24 years of being alive in this world I am at a point where I am so incredibly happy with my car and think I will be done modding for a little while.

I grew up loving cars since I was 3 and my dad also had a Red MK4 GTI back in the day (until he sold it when I was like 8). Growing up I faced a lot of financial hardships with my him since he was a single father and we also got hit pretty hard by the mini depression we had back then along with a lot of medical bills. As much as I loved cars, I wasn't ever allowed to modify anything besides some plasti-dip or a sticker since money needed to go to more important things like our general well being and keeping a roof over our heads.

I was never really good at school or studying but the one motivating factor that made me grind my ass off in college was the dream of modifying and having my own car. Graduated in my business school with a degree in SCM and hustled my ass after to get a full time job. Fast forward 2 years after graduating, my Dad and I are in very comfortable and good positions now due to many blessings that I'm beyond grateful and appreciative of. Dad got promotions and a stable job, I got a full time job in a great secure company, and we have a roof over our head with 2 cars and don't stress about money like how we used to before.

Last March I purchased my first very own car, that was MINE! Literally couldn't stop driving the car when I got it because knowing that you are in the process of owning it and not leasing it changed my whole world. Made my account on here back in Jan 2020 and I would be hooked on these forums just constantly learning about this platform and seeing all the great things you all do to your cars. As much as I loved cars since I was a kid, starting to work on my own car and tearing shit apart was an entirely new world. I've been through many headaches with this car with various issues in regards to installing, hitting objects on the road, having parts break on me, but it's all been such a fun experience.

As of today, I think I will be done modding the car for a little while (hopefully LOL), since I'm moving out in a month and I want to start aggressively saving to make sure my future/career gets off to a good head start. I'm so incredibly happy with how the car is now, there were many nights I would just day dream before I sleep thinking about all the future mods I wanted to do and making sure that I built something that made me happy. After cycling through many different parts and learning what I wanted, I finally came to where I am now.

I'm writing this huge ass book for this post because I genuinely appreciate you all, what a great fucking community to be in. You all have taught me so much and have spread so much knowledge/kindness that I truly thank you all <3

Parts List and pics

Engine/performance:
-PRL Short Ram Intake
-PRL Catless downpipe
-Ktuner V2 w/ tuned with Phearable
-Eman's Type R Retrofit Clutch
-Eman's kzCMC
-PRL Steel Braided clutch line
-CDV Delete
-2019 Type R Shifter Assembly
-Acuity Stage 2 Shift Kit for FK8

Suspension:
-D2 Springs
-SPC Rear Camber Arms
-DC Sports Strut Bar

Exterior/Exhaust:
-Pro Civic Side Markers w/ LASFIT Yellow LED
-Lamin-x yellow fog light film
-ABS Dynamics Type R Lip
-Type R Retrofitted exhaust w/ muffler delete
-35% Tint
-Civic Debadge

Wheels/tires:
-Avid AV26 18x9.5 +38
-Firehawk Indy 500 (255/35/18)

Honda Civic 10th gen After 24 years I finally built my first car 1618445374765

Honda Civic 10th gen After 24 years I finally built my first car 1618445501776

Last edited:
OP
OP
suhhh

suhhh

First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Current: 2020 Civic Si Coupe Past: 2018 Civic Si Coupe, 2014 Prius, 2013 Civic LX 5spd
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

yansag1982

First Name
Yanick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Coupe Sport 6MT
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
What side markers are those and how do you get that yellow JDM look in them?
That look so good on the white car.

OP
OP
suhhh

suhhh

First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Well done and keep grinding, I been in similar situations as well growing up and know where you are coming from.

Just like you I'm in a comfortable place now as well. Car looks good.
Thank you Thusee appreciate it man, learned to appreciate the struggles and appreciate the journey

What side markers are those and how do you get that yellow JDM look in them?
That look so good on the white car.
Thank you homie!! And it's procivic smoked side markers
https://www.procivic.com/p/m/civic/jdm-style-corner-&-bumper-lights.html
Replaced the light inside since it went out with some LASFIT yellow LED's

yansag1982

First Name
Yanick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Coupe Sport 6MT
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Thank you Thusee appreciate it man, learned to appreciate the struggles and appreciate the journey

Thank you homie!! And it's procivic smoked side markers
https://www.procivic.com/p/m/civic/jdm-style-corner-&-bumper-lights.html
Replaced the light inside since it went out with some LASFIT yellow LED's
ahhh YES!! that's what i tought...these are the same ones i have on my car so it looks like i would only need the LASFIT yellow LED's...are there multiple models or are they ez to find? Thanks, sorry i don't want to pollute your thread but i had to ask, congratulations again on the car, very nice ?

OP
OP
suhhh

suhhh

First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
ahhh YES!! that's what i tought...these are the same ones i have on my car so it looks like i would only need the LASFIT yellow LED's...are there multiple models or are they ez to find? Thanks, sorry i don't want to pollute your thread but i had to ask, congratulations again on the car, very nice ?
No worries at all brodi no need to be sorry :headbang:

These are the exact ones I got
https://www.lasfit.com/products/las...-168-152-158-led-interior-dome-map-light-bulb

appreciate it bro!

yansag1982

First Name
Yanick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Coupe Sport 6MT
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
OP
OP
suhhh

suhhh

First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
i think ive seen your car around. First pic on the side of Mitsuwa? I'm up on the cliff looking down
Ayyy yessir mitsuwa! I actually used to work there throughout highschool hahah

north jersey represent :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

I'm over in fort lee

GoldClass

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Hatchback
Country flag
Despite a lot of financial hardship, it is not easy for a single parent to bring up a kid what you are today. Be grateful to him that made your dream came through. I respect your father for his strong determination, his hardship and kept you going that brought you up during the challenges time. I am really happy for your father that he got promotions and enjoy a good life now.

OP
OP
suhhh

suhhh

First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Despite a lot of financial hardship, it is not easy for a single parent to bring up a kid what you are today. Be grateful to him that made your dream came through. I respect your father for his strong determination, his hardship and kept you going that brought you up during the challenges time. I am really happy for your father that he got promotions and enjoy a good life now.
Yeah absolutely man, growing up I never understood the reasoning for my dad doing some of the things he did but I look back on it as an adult and understand completely and appreciate him. Dad was never the one to complain about hardships and hated asking for handouts, him keeping strong and not giving up showed me there's always light at the end of the tunnel. Appreciate the kind words bro
Sponsored