My electric brakes doesn't engage.

carlos26s

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic 2016
I have a 2016 Honda Civic. Just yesterday I got an error messaging saying "Electric Parking Brake Problem" with the "Brake" flashing. When I try to set the e-brake it doesn't engage. I've seen a lot of forums with the same problem, but their cars wouldn't move or start. I don't have that problem. I can start the car normally and drive perfectly fine, it's just the e-brakes that don't work. I went to AutoZone to test my battery level and it was normal, they also read any codes on my car and nothing showed up. I bought a test light(to check my relays/fuse box) and everything was normal.

I was wondering if this has happened to anyone else and what they did to fix it.

Thank you.
Sponsored

xXoVrKiLLXx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Type R ABM
Yes - Honda replaced my EPB switch under warranty. Odds are its just the switch but take it in and have them diagnose or if you are out of warranty order the switch and replace it yourself. I think its like 60 bucks or was when this happened to me.

OP
OP

carlos26s

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic 2016
Yes - Honda replaced my EPB switch under warranty. Odds are its just the switch but take it in and have them diagnose or if you are out of warranty order the switch and replace it yourself. I think its like 60 bucks or was when this happened to me.
I'm out of warranty, so I might just have to switch and replace it myself. Do you remember what website or place you bought it from?

OP
OP

carlos26s

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic 2016

xXoVrKiLLXx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Type R ABM
I'm out of warranty, so I might just have to switch and replace it myself. Do you remember what website or place you bought it from?
Not sure what model you have just google 2016 honda civic (your model number) electric parking brake switch and go from there boss. I use this site for random stuff also https://www.hondapartsonline.net/v-honda just hate shipping from these sites its always flat rate and over priced:(

OP
OP

carlos26s

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic 2016
Not sure what model you have just google 2016 honda civic (your model number) electric parking brake switch and go from there boss. I use this site for random stuff also https://www.hondapartsonline.net/v-honda just hate shipping from these sites its always flat rate and over priced:(
Thank you very much, I truly appreciate it. I'm getting the switch shortly. :thumbsup:

xXoVrKiLLXx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Type R ABM
Thank you very much, I truly appreciate it. I'm getting the switch shortly. :thumbsup:
Be sure its the right one though check with the dealer for the part number and go from there. Just remember EPB switch/Electric parking brake switch when you talk to them. The site I referenced looks like if you search that term only provides you with the brake hold switch and if you look at the diagram it looks lile you need 24 and the brake hold is 23. Hate for you to order the wrong one.

OP
OP

carlos26s

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic 2016
Be sure its the right one though check with the dealer for the part number and go from there. Just remember EPB switch/Electric parking brake switch when you talk to them. The site I referenced looks like if you search that term only provides you with the brake hold switch and if you look at the diagram it looks lile you need 24 and the brake hold is 23. Hate for you to order the wrong one.
Yeah, I think I'm going to stop by the dealer and ask them for the part number like you recommended. Is there a video you watched on how to switch and replace the switch?