My Civic is offically a write off...so now what?

OP
OP
Farah487

Farah487

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Accord
Vehicle Showcase
So ended up sticking with Honda and pulling the trigger on a 2018 Accord! It was a bit on the pricey side but with 0.99 apr and all the features that come with the new accords I couldnt refuse.

I even ended up test driving the Mazda 3 and to me it felt kind of "meh" I mean its ok for what it offers but it felt like too much of a risk to go with Mazda since i've never owned one before and the fact that there is no Android auto was a turn off for me.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Schmullis

First Name
Schmullis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Touring Sedan
Country flag
Nice!

What trim level of Accord did you get?

OP
OP
Farah487

Farah487

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Accord
Vehicle Showcase
Nice!

What trim level of Accord did you get?
LX model. Suprisingly in Canada the LX has a lot of the same features you would find in the higher trims.

zroger73

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 MX-5 Miata GT-S, 2021 Ridgeline RTL-E
Country flag
Honestly so does the US spec one.

It comes with
Sensing
Push Start
The full infotainment system
Adaptive cruise
All on the LX
Rims instead of wheel covers
The US LX comes with the Color Audio system. All other trims get the Display Audio system which has a touch screen.

Doublestack00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Boost Blue Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
40K for the 2.0T Accord? They are 28K here.

thatlilwhiteone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 civicsi SOLD
Country flag
My two cents:

Get the Civic Touring Sedan. I got a 2017 lease in Oct 17. Purchase cost of car $ 24.5K, no money down, lease payment $ 335 / month. Then get a Ktuner V2, reprogram the ECU with dual tune/21. Change the tires to Michelin Premier A/S V rated. Then enjoy that sporty and comfy ride!
i was able to lease my si coupe for 300 a month no money down 3 year 36k. it wouldve been like 5 dollars cheaper but i got the oil change thing that also covers the wheels and tires for 3 years.

MutatedMango

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Civic Si FC3
Country flag
Got the call from my insurance that my 2016 civic coupe is a write off and that they will settle with Honda with the remaining cost of the car.

So for my replacement I was thinking maybe to get the touring version of the same car but in white. The benefits of leather seats, wireless charging, & premium speakers would make it a step up over the EX-T model which I had, or instead I could opt for an si since the price between the touring and an si isnt big but I dont really know how to drive manual and I feel as though driving an si might be more costly for insurance.

I was also considering the new 2018 accords, but almost $40,000 for a Honda is too much in my opinion. I could however wait to see when the 2019 civics drop and too see whether or not they add that infotainment system they have in the accords because thats one of the main things that attracts me to considering an accord but I dont know.

Thats just just kind of my thought process right now. Im still sad about losing my civic coupe since it was my first brand new car and I loved every second of driving it.
Does Civic have an EX-L for leather? What's the difference between EX-T and EX? Thanks in advance.

Doublestack00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Boost Blue Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
40K for an Accord?!? Ypu can get the 2.0 sport in the 20s.
Sponsored