Mandersonn412

First Name
Matty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic si sedan
Country flag
installed my abs dynamics type r side skirt's on my LX hatch. had to do a hack job on my oem mud flaps, it aint pretty but it works for now.

20190421_095914.jpg

Inked20190420_143603_LI.jpg

20190420_154017.jpg
Did you have any gap issues around the rear passenger doors? I installed mine last weekend and I am having some separation from the panel which is letting me see through to the tape. Any installation tips would be great considering I am gonna try and reinstall them this coming weekend.

LegoEggrollz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda civic Hatchback LX/Sensing
Country flag
Did you have any gap issues around the rear passenger doors? I installed mine last weekend and I am having some separation from the panel which is letting me see through to the tape. Any installation tips would be great considering I am gonna try and reinstall them this coming weekend.
no i didn't, i had someone help me. i applied upward+forward pressure on the side skirts towards the car, while the other person pushed outwards toward themselves while lining up the mounting tabs underneath and than screwed everything in while i kept heavy pressure on the side skirts and tape toward the car itself. i hope that isn't too confusing lmao

LegoEggrollz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
i'll try and see if i have any major gaps tomorrow though, ill get you a picture of how it looks on mine.

Mandersonn412

First Name
Matty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic si sedan
Country flag
i'll try and see if i have any major gaps tomorrow though, ill get you a picture of how it looks on mine.
Thanks for the reply man. I wasn’t sure if I’d hear from ya since this post was from awhile ago. I am going to have a buddy help me this weekend for sure then. Do you remember if you started from front to rear of the vehicle or from rear to front when you installed them? Also I’m not sure if I applied them too low in the rear and that is causing the gap. I’ll attached a picture of the gap just so you can see the area where I have the issue. I appreciate your response!

LegoEggrollz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Thanks for the reply man. I wasn’t sure if I’d hear from ya since this post was from awhile ago. I am going to have a buddy help me this weekend for sure then. Do you remember if you started from front to rear of the vehicle or from rear to front when you installed them? Also I’m not sure if I applied them too low in the rear and that is causing the gap. I’ll attached a picture of the gap just so you can see the area where I have the issue. I appreciate your response!
we started from the rear. here is some pics of mine, and no problem, i keep an eye out for any replies :)

Honda Civic 10th gen Mud flaps for 2017 hatchbacksPost pics if 20200521_152646

Honda Civic 10th gen Mud flaps for 2017 hatchbacksPost pics if 20200521_152624

Honda Civic 10th gen Mud flaps for 2017 hatchbacksPost pics if 20200521_152611

Mandersonn412

First Name
Matty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic si sedan
Country flag
Thanks man! I started from the front which I think is my problem because the front mounting bracket is slotted. I think I am getting the gap from there being slack in the skirt once I screwed the 2 screws into the rear. I will be sure to start from the rear this time! That was really helpful thank you.

LegoEggrollz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Thanks man! I started from the front which I think is my problem because the front mounting bracket is slotted. I think I am getting the gap from there being slack in the skirt once I screwed the 2 screws into the rear. I will be sure to start from the rear this time! That was really helpful thank you.
np, glad i could help,! :)
Sponsored