First Name
peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Sport Hatch 6MT Lunar Silver Metallic
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Oem mud guards on the sport model. Had to do a little trimming and drilled new mounting holes on the mud guards as the mounting points didn't line up. Not super clean but looks decent.
IMG_1030.JPG
IMG_1031.JPG
IMG_1032.JPG
I like how you have modded the OEM mud guards. I think it looks great and I will probably do the same on my Sport. The Rally Armour look good, but the cleanness of the OEM units is what I want. I cannot understand why Honda has left out the Sport, Type R, etc., by not making ones that fit them correctly. Thanks for posting this!
Sponsored

BarracksSi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Civic Sport Touring Hatch; '17 CR-V EX. Formerly '02 EP3.
Country flag
They protect against splashes of mud... so....

teg09

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic sport touring manual
Country flag
I’ve been contemplating going rally armour. I’m currently awaiting my 2018 civic sport touring to be landed and take possession. The dealer quoted me splash guards installed by them as a throw in. I’ll see if they do any cutting to avoid the side skirts

Empyrean

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Hatchback EX
Country flag
Okay so I ordered my RalleyArmor and am trying to get a definitive on the install. So I just need to use some cardboard and use it as a template to line everything up, then drill holes in the flap to match with the clips already in the wheel well?

atandukar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic
Country flag
Oem mud guards on the sport model. Had to do a little trimming and drilled new mounting holes on the mud guards as the mounting points didn't line up. Not super clean but looks decent.
IMG_1030.JPG
IMG_1031.JPG
IMG_1032.JPG
how did you take out the push-pins? i am having hard time trying to pull the pins, on the side and on the bottom?

L8apex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 SGP Sport
Country flag
I'm holding out for Rallyarmors and see how they look. I had them on my GC Impreza and my Mk7 Golf. I actually bought the universal RAs for the Golf and a month later, they released the actual kit for it. So I'll wait and see if they come out for the 2016+up Civics.

I prefer the actual flaps over the OEM splashguards that contour to the body because if you never clean under there, the paint wears differently, and leaves a line in the clearcoat where the splashguard ends. It's fine if you never remove it, but if you decide you don't like it anymore, the paint damage is permanent. Worse case scenario for me is the possibility of rust. Yeah, it's a bit OCD of me.

KK88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17' Sport Hatch
Country flag
Since there is already a thread going on about this...

Picked up my car and the accessories package garbage that came with it said that splash guards would be included ( I have a sport hatch and they are NOT installed) is the dealer really going to make the techs dremel them to fit or just say no it can't be done.

teg09

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Since there is already a thread going on about this...

Picked up my car and the accessories package garbage that came with it said that splash guards would be included ( I have a sport hatch and they are NOT installed) is the dealer really going to make the techs dremel them to fit or just say no it can't be done.
I noticed this before I took possession of mine. No they won’t, at least not in my case. I had them refund me the full amount of them plus install. I think I’ll go rally armour down the road.

KK88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17' Sport Hatch
Country flag
I noticed this before I took possession of mine. No they won’t, at least not in my case. I had them refund me the full amount of them plus install. I think I’ll go rally armour down the road.
Full amount of the package or just the splash guards?

teg09

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Full amount of the package or just the splash guards?
Just splash guards since I still needed block heater and figured I could always use the wheel locks

hatch_dawg

First Name
Julian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback Sport 6MT
Country flag
So I just noticed that college hills honda has splash guards for the sport/touring online for purchase. Part number is 08P00-TGG-100A. I am going to purchase them and see what happens. Maybe they finally realized that people were interested in them.
Sponsored