Motor oil

chrisliese

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic exl-t, 2002 Honda s2000 turbo, 2016 Honda Odyssey
Thanks man. That was just the second time I heard someone say to change your oil at 1000 miles. I wasn't sure I had to do the same since my car is brand new or just wait for the oil life to get to 15%.
Old school, you would break in a motor, not exceeding 55 mphs (really not exceed X000 RPM's) change the oil at 1000 miles and then go as normal.
Now a days, the engine is broken in at the factory a little and they are built to go right out of the box. Often though, there is still a break-in as you see 0-60 and 1/4 mile times drop a bit after an engine has some miles on it.
Check out C&D long term test and the times drop after they have put some miles on a brand new car.
Sponsored

deltarogue13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T Coupe MSM
Old school, you would break in a motor, not exceeding 55 mphs (really not exceed X000 RPM's) change the oil at 1000 miles and then go as normal.
Now a days, the engine is broken in at the factory a little and they are built to go right out of the box. Often though, there is still a break-in as you see 0-60 and 1/4 mile times drop a bit after an engine has some miles on it.
Check out C&D long term test and the times drop after they have put some miles on a brand new car.
Ah makes sense. I love what they can do with new cars and engines these days to make them that much more efficient.

Yeah I remember the owner's manual saying they recommend a 600 mile break-in period before you start going into high RPMs. Lord knows the moment I finally went past 600 I turned econ off, pulled back into Sport, and gunned it:cool: