Motor Mounts, NVH complaints and more

Nickthewaffler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic FK7, 2016 Panamera, 2000 AP1 S2000
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Currently I'm running a full set of hasport's 82a motor and transmission mounts, 3 of them, and I love it. My main shock just came from reading a few dozen forum posts about harsh NVH, from just one rear motor mount, and then putting a cusco motor mount in and falling in love with it. As long as there aren't marbles in glass cups in my cup holders, the experience is perfect. I feel a little rumble at idle through the steering wheel and through my whole body at high rpm. It truly is a little rumble and nothing more. My parents and all my friends think its exhaust just being so loud that it gets to that feeling. So really its not as bad as people make it out to be, and that's with all 3 changed out.

Also I started running r888rs since I break traction so easily and take my car to canyons so frequently. I've read that the tire noise is near unbearable for a daily from some people, but in my opinion it is a very cool and fun noise, not anything like all seasons. It sounds almost like an engine hum at high speeds or like a nascar type sound, but very quiet, without music is the only time I hear it. It feels like I'm surrouded by a bunch of Rolls Royce drivers at times. I don't know if anyone shares my feelings on this, but feel free to reply. Sorry for my bad English
Sponsored

HondaFanz2018

First Name
HondaFanz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si (Stolen), 2013 Honda Accord Sport V6
Country flag
The issue with the Cusco RMM as well as other aftermarket performance RMM's is that the bushings are made of Polyurethane. More durable than rubber, but they also transmit NVH. They also have to be greased every few years. I installed Poly bushings on my Sway bars on one of my BMW's to make it stiffer and it made them more stable, but caused excess NVH and squeaking. Bumps and potholes are became more pronounced.

Polyurethane is great for increasing chassis stiffness for the track or canyon carving, not so great for daily driving

OP
OP
Nickthewaffler

Nickthewaffler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
The issue with the Cusco RMM as well as other aftermarket performance RMM's is that the bushings are made of Polyurethane. More durable than rubber, but they also transmit NVH. They also have to be greased every few years. I installed Poly bushings on my Sway bars on one of my BMW's to make it stiffer and it made them more stable, but caused excess NVH and squeaking. Bumps and potholes are became more pronounced.

Polyurethane is great for increasing chassis stiffness for the track or canyon carving, not so great for daily driving

I disagree, maybe Im just in love with the feeling but even after a year I still think they are something that I will never consider removing. I do daily this car. I do recommend these to anyone who actually loves how a car feels to drive. Everything just makes sense, better performance, feeling, and flare. I used to fall asleep behind the wheel compared to how much more engaging it is to drive now.

OP
OP
Nickthewaffler

Nickthewaffler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
So I just switched from 27won rmm to hasport 62a. The 62a is DEAD QUIET compared to 27won, I straight up thought my car was stalled at idle because it’s so smooth. The only time it really vibrates noise into the chassis is when engaging the clutch and there’s the light humming when off throttle at higher rpms. I have to say, it really took the drama out of revving out the car but I do appreciate the reduced noise for the time being. It’s mushier but I feel it’s an ok compromise. Now I think I should have gone with 82a but I’ll just be happy with these 2 choices I have lol

Now I’m really curious what the actual experience of the full hasport set is, but sadly I probably won’t find out :( In my head it seems like the full 62a set would be a more balanced option than 27won rmm by itself.
Yeah, honestly first gear take off needs more rpms for the vibrations to fo away. If you get them too low the car shakes like a mf for me.

OP
OP
Nickthewaffler

Nickthewaffler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

HondaFanz2018

First Name
HondaFanz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si (Stolen), 2013 Honda Accord Sport V6
Country flag
I disagree, maybe Im just in love with the feeling but even after a year I still think they are something that I will never consider removing. I do daily this car. I do recommend these to anyone who actually loves how a car feels to drive. Everything just makes sense, better performance, feeling, and flare. I used to fall asleep behind the wheel compared to how much more engaging it is to drive now.
Your used to it. Your passengers may think otherwise. It's a matter of preference. If the stiffer RMM works for you, than continue to use them. Some people love when the road comes through and they can feel every bump, and some prefer to be cushioned, like my wife who's spoiled ass drives a Lexus GX460

Last edited:

Conika

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si
Country flag
I have an OEM RMM for sale with 1600 miles on it if anyone switched and wants to go back! Just hit me up!
Sponsored