Most Needed Accessory

logan

New Civic Blood
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda CIVIC EX-T
2 Questions.

1) DO you guys think that splash guards are important accessories on the civicx? Does it actually protect the car in some way and how so?

2) What's been the most important or needed accessory to you on the the civicx? (don't include what's already standard on the civicx)
Sponsored

cbreezy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'99 Accord -> '16 WOP Civic Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Not sure whether or not the gold package from the local dealership is worth it. They had some things installed (paint & glass protection) along side with a clear bra. They only covered 1/4th of the hood with a clear bra. NO BUMPER coverage and it cost me $1,500.... I went to a local clear bra installer and had my front bumper protected for $250. IF I had a redo, I wouldn't have gotten the gold package.

I also agree with @Balto, the floor mats are garage. My floor mats are already starting to pill/shed already. It looks like cat hair or something.

MisterEnigma

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T
I bought and installed the splash guards. When driving in NYC, there are pebbles, rubble, salt, and all kinds of little stuff on the road. It helps to a degree and lessen build up near the tire.

Being that parking in the city, means a lot of terrible drivers when parking in both street and parking lot: door guard/trim, and side molding feels necessary.

thepixelsedge

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T
I'm not sure about the splash guards but I plan on getting them for the front. Back ones are included in canada. I figure that they're gonna stop a lot of salt and dirt from splashing onto the paint right there so they can't be that bad and over the lifespan of the car They've gotta be helping, right?

I agree, floor mats are a must but I much prefer my weathertech mats over the ones you'd get from the dealer.

Only accessory that was a must for me at purchase with vehicle was back seat covers. I have a 2 year old son, and all that that entails... baby seat, snacks, drinks, supplies, etc, etc so that cover was a big must have. I got it for $100 instead of the $300MSRP (CDN) and its definitely worth what I paid for it. If they had seat covers for the front I would've got them too!

Yeti

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX
Country flag
I'm not sure about the splash guards but I plan on getting them for the front. Back ones are included in canada. I figure that they're gonna stop a lot of salt and dirt from splashing onto the paint right there so they can't be that bad and over the lifespan of the car They've gotta be helping, right?
That's strange, mine came with the front splash guards and not the back.

jhaze84

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
Country flag
The most necessary accessory for me was the plastic trunk tray. I don't have trash pickup so I use my Civic to haul my garbage. The trunk tray eliminates the possibility of foul-smelling garbage juice from a leaky bag being absorbed into the carpeting!

Second most necessary accessory is the all weather floor mats. And that's it really. I don't have a need for the other accessories.

I wish car makers would just give me the option for rubber/plastic footwells and trunks stock from the factory. Why put carpet where dirty shoes and cargo will be...

xjoshuax89

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 CR-V SE, '16 Civic EX, '17 Civic HB ST
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

Newflyer3

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
To be honest, you could be right... I'm going off memory. I know I have one and not the other.
I've worked at a Honda dealer as a lot guy before. They COME with the car off the truck. It's dealer's discretion whether they get the PDI guy to put them on or not. Which is why you usually see wheel locks, front and rear splash guards, block heater, and carpet included.

ZacksWorld

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring, 2010 Kia Soul+
Country flag
This may not be the type of answer you're looking for, but what about a first aid kit and a roadside assistance kit? (lights, reflectors, multi-tool, etc.)

I also think that a small bin that fits in that strange section under the center console is worth it as a "garbage can" - something small and plastic that you might find at Target for holding office supplies or something like that.

Ultrafrozen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gavnzdad
1. Mud flaps/ splash guards protect the paint along the lower sides of the car from all the rocks, sand and sandy snow that kicks up from the tires. They also protect vehicles behind me. They are the #1 accessory for me on all vehicles I've purchased living up here in Northern Ontario.

2. Rubber floor mats and trunk liner along with a garbage can in the back round it out for me.

A first-aid kit, tow straps and other carry-ons are always included but not considered as accessories but necessities for me.

ZacksWorld

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring, 2010 Kia Soul+
Country flag
A first-aid kit, tow straps and other carry-ons are always included but not considered as accessories but necessities for me.
Great point.

I forgot to mention my favorite accessories: salt, pepper, silverware, and napkins.

Kindred1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
Country flag
The most necessary accessory for me was the plastic trunk tray. I don't have trash pickup so I use my Civic to haul my garbage. The trunk tray eliminates the possibility of foul-smelling garbage juice from a leaky bag being absorbed into the carpeting!

Second most necessary accessory is the all weather floor mats. And that's it really. I don't have a need for the other accessories.

I wish car makers would just give me the option for rubber/plastic footwells and trunks stock from the factory. Why put carpet where dirty shoes and cargo will be...

My dealer threw in the all-weather floor mats when I leased my Touring and I will use them throughout the year rather than the carpet mats.

Ultrafrozen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gavnzdad
Great point.

I forgot to mention my favorite accessories: salt, pepper, silverware, and napkins.
Made me smile, Gramps had plastic cups in his minivan. He knew every natural spring in the area and would stop for a drink at each one along the way when travelling.
Sponsored