mkimmey1

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic EX-T 6MT Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Heres a little comparison to the stock halogen bulbs. These are such an upgrade, especially on rural roads that have little to no lighting.
Honda Civic 10th gen Moritmoto H11 LEDs installed IMG_7960.JPG Honda Civic 10th gen Moritmoto H11 LEDs installed IMG_7961.JPG Honda Civic 10th gen Moritmoto H11 LEDs installed IMG_7957.JPG Honda Civic 10th gen Moritmoto H11 LEDs installed IMG_7967.JPG Honda Civic 10th gen Moritmoto H11 LEDs installed IMG_7959.JPG Honda Civic 10th gen Moritmoto H11 LEDs installed IMG_7963.JPG Honda Civic 10th gen Moritmoto H11 LEDs installed IMG_7969.JPG

CosmicSilver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-L
So just plug n play? Any noise/vibration issues with the fans? Did you get the anti-flicker option?

(yes a lot of ??) ;)

Last edited:

OP
OP
mkimmey1

mkimmey1

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I didn't get the anti flicker because the low beams don't serve as DRLs. There's only 1 brightness level they can be at. Pretty much plug and play. I made a video of how to install them, which I'll share here once I get it done. The fans do make noise but the only time you ever hear it is if you're outside the car OR if you are inside the car with the engine, HVAC, and radio all off (which is basically never lol).

CosmicSilver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-L
Thanks kimmey,looks like these LEDs will actually hold up quality-wise over the long haul.....

another question...how is the long distance "throw" on rural roads?

OP
OP
mkimmey1

mkimmey1

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks kimmey,looks like these LEDs will actually hold up quality-wise over the long haul.....

another question...how is the long distance "throw" on rural roads?
They still have the sharp cutoff because they're projector beams, but it seems to shine further down the road. Makes me wonder if the halogen lights "fade" as the light reaches the cutoff. They're a lot brighter and whiter, which definitely helps visibility. Not the most exciting upgrade, but worth it for sure.

OP
OP
mkimmey1

mkimmey1

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Here's the install

dfc888

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic LX (w/ Honda Sensing)
Country flag
They still have the sharp cutoff because they're projector beams, but it seems to shine further down the road. Makes me wonder if the halogen lights "fade" as the light reaches the cutoff. They're a lot brighter and whiter, which definitely helps visibility. Not the most exciting upgrade, but worth it for sure.
I also recently installed Morimoto H11 LEDs. My experience with them is that while they are a lot brighter and whiter... the throw distance was actually a lot shorter for me compared to OEM halogens. On pitch-black, long stretches of road, I actually feel like I can't see as far.

haztorks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 MSM EX-T
Great video. Does the color temperature match the DRLs in real life, or do they look more bluish? It's always hard to tell in videos and pictures.

OP
OP
mkimmey1

mkimmey1

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Great video. Does the color temperature match the DRLs in real life, or do they look more bluish? It's always hard to tell in videos and pictures.
They match the DRLs almost exactly.
Sponsored