Mod parts for civic rs hatch 2017 in sydney or buy from overseas ??

BL55D

First Name
Lance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic RS
Country flag
Hondata found that the upgrade to 21psi boost was the safe limit of the CVT. I'm not worried about it because i always drive in Economy mode anyway! (I drive 130km a day to work and home)

I've had the car for 14 days and have already clocked up nearly 2000km :( First service is 1 month or 1000km. I go in on friday for that service
i got it for a week and i already clocked in almost 2000. well- i bought my car as a Demo car ( 200 kms ) for 7k cheaper than brand new. clocked in 1000 the first weekend I got it, wanted to break it in so I went for a long 4 hour drive haha
Sponsored

BL55D

First Name
Lance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic RS
Country flag
I would say that they wouldn't be able to see if you've flashed the ecu anyway. Where are they going to see that information? And so many people have done it. I'm sure we would have had hundreds of threads about it by now!
they can see everything man, all they need is to plug it something in your OBII , check it on their laptop and there you go. lol should ask your dealer about it hahah

davo97

First Name
Davis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic RS 2018
Country flag
i got it for a week and i already clocked in almost 2000. well- i bought my car as a Demo car ( 200 kms ) for 7k cheaper than brand new. clocked in 1000 the first weekend I got it, wanted to break it in so I went for a long 4 hour drive haha
yeah mine was a demo as well, (20km) that i put on it for my test drive!! so basically brand new

davo97

First Name
Davis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic RS 2018
Country flag
they can see everything man, all they need is to plug it something in your OBII , check it on their laptop and there you go. lol should ask your dealer about it hahah
But where will they see the information? like my argument is, If you flash the ecu, wont it forget everything? because your flashing it?
And when you flash back to factory, thats all it will know. I'm not sure about how the car handles data logging but surely it's done by the ecu.

BL55D

First Name
Lance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic RS
Country flag
But where will they see the information? like my argument is, If you flash the ecu, wont it forget everything? because your flashing it?
And when you flash back to factory, thats all it will know. I'm not sure about how the car handles data logging but surely it's done by the ecu.

that I do not know- might need to ask someone who works for a car dealership. im kinda hoping thats the case, if it is then - guess ill be ordering my Ktuner tonight

davo97

First Name
Davis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic RS 2018
Country flag
that I do not know- might need to ask someone who works for a car dealership. im kinda hoping thats the case, if it is then - guess ill be ordering my Ktuner tonight
I'll let you know! I'm taking mine in for its first service today. I'll ask all the questions!

BL55D

First Name
Lance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic RS
Country flag
I'll let you know! I'm taking mine in for its first service today. I'll ask all the questions!
awesomeeee! cant wait. hopefully theyll give you legit answers, and not just tell us what we want to hear haha

davo97

First Name
Davis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic RS 2018
Country flag
awesomeeee! cant wait. hopefully theyll give you legit answers, and not just tell us what we want to hear haha
so far all I've gotten out of them is that for them to void your warranty, their has to be a direct relation between the mod you've done and the part that has failed.. I'm trying to find the right person to ask about the data logging with the ecu flashing!

imzy

First Name
Imran
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic RS
Country flag
same tbh! but warranty thoooo- as long as you dont overtune your car and drive like a total maniac, i guess you'll be fine... ( hopefully engine wont shit itself )
I lost my warranty the second they handed me the key xD

davo97

First Name
Davis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic RS 2018
Country flag
Did you end up placing that order?

davo97

First Name
Davis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic RS 2018
Country flag
I'm going to get a Ktuner.. Apparently your ECU logs your drivedata, and when you flash it it clears that. So a couple weeks before i take it in for a service i'll flash it back so they don't get sus. Besides that, I'm fairly certain it'll all be fine!