Anyone in Sydney done a Resinator Delete?

Zuyu

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic RS Hatchback
Country flag
Hi there,

Has anyone (preferable with a RS hatchback) done a resonator delete (only) in Sydney? Where did you do it, how much was it and do you want a free beer or coffee so I can hear it in person :) I am wanting to do this but getting mixed responses from shops ranging from it can be done for $300 to weld a pipe in place but not sure what it'll sound like. To no, it'll drone in cabin and a bad idea, you need this $750 custom built axle back set up.

I am happy with volume of my exhaust I just want it to be slightly deeper tone/growl. Read many SI owners have done a res delete and achieved what I am after (deeper tone, little popping, minimal volume increase) but yet to see this on a RS.

Thanks
Sponsored

OP
OP
Zuyu

Zuyu

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic RS Hatchback
Country flag
Ok I'll answer myself then to hopefully help someone else out haha :p

Did it in Sydney area.
Under $200 seems to be fair price; cut res and replace with a pipe, weld.

Deepens a little, sounds awesome at idle, would not say it is anywhere near an axle back muffler in terms of deep tones
No aggressive growl noticed on my platform (CVT though)
No noticeable drone - pretty much stock comfort (great for the nicer speaker set up on the RS)
Almost like stock when driving in a fuel saving manner
Less muffled tones - would agree with some who said it sounds like it should from factory rather than an attention grabbing aftermarket sound
No noticeable popping or crackling in my platform (may be due to CVT)
Eco mode on and off seems to change the tone too which is fun to play with - was not noticeable with res on

Overall due to no drone, slightly nicer tone, I would recommend it if you're after a louder stock sounding car. You'd probably need to invest into a sports muffler and more if you want to be more race car.

Some say there is a break in period for this, as it is just a pipe, I can't see how that can happen but I can imagine the stock mufflers breaking in faster/differently maybe? I noticed it did get louder over time but won't think it would ever get to a res delete volume in its lifetime. Shall keep you posted if anything funky comes up.

Hope this helps