Youtube: JaySi.671
First Name
JC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Civic SI, '90 GTR, '10 370z, '90 Mr2 Turbo
Country flag
I just realized when storing my stock parts, that my installer didn’t remove the factory heat shield from the stock DP before they installed my MAP catted DP, I expect them to correct it, but will they have to remove the DP to install the heat shield, or you think they will be able to get it attached without a ton of effort?
They would be very talented if they could get that heat shield on without having to remove the downpipe lol.
Sponsored

mmuldoon

17 SI Coupe
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 SI Coupe
Country flag
Did many of you that ordered the DP, catted or catless, get tabs added through Map to retain the heat shield? Anybody think the heat shield is a big deal? Sorry, for all the questions, but my other question is, I see the “top” heat shield is retained, but not the larger piece that runs over the cat, I wanted to make sure that the larger one was an option to be retained, or if it was just the top piece?

mmuldoon

17 SI Coupe
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 SI Coupe
Country flag
All good, heat was installed at the top properly, I thought that maybe the long Heatshield was to be retained too, but verified it’s all good.

mmuldoon

17 SI Coupe
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 SI Coupe
Country flag
I also wanted to give a quick shout out to MAP. There were some hiccups along the way of receiving this new to market turbo back system. However, in the end, they showed their true colors by rectifying issues. I would not hestitate to work with/order from them in the future, and plan on doing so.

OP
OP
MAPerformance

MAPerformance

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.maperformance.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 SI Coupe
Country flag
I want to give a huge shout out to YOU guys for being so patient with us... and continuing to show support for us even though our first initial launch didn't go as planned. We have a ton of cool stuff in the works for you guys and the feedback (good, bad, ugly) is a super valuable and important component to making things better in the long run! Thanks again for helping us be a better vendor for you!

N0TYPR

First Name
Abban
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Si
Country flag
I want to give a huge shout out to YOU guys for being so patient with us... and continuing to show support for us even though our first initial launch didn't go as planned. We have a ton of cool stuff in the works for you guys and the feedback (good, bad, ugly) is a super valuable and important component to making things better in the long run! Thanks again for helping us be a better vendor for you!
Please come out with your full FMIC with all the pipeings!

OP
OP
MAPerformance

MAPerformance

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.maperformance.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 SI Coupe
Country flag
@N0TYPR @FenixTX717 We are working on it ! Did you see our billet endtank intercooler thread? You know we aren't gonna leave you all hanging!

We appreciate your patience with us we promise we are working our hardest to get these products in your hands <3

LEO @ MAP

JasonB10

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
MAPerformance Race Catback Exhaust system with factory fp/dp.

Sounds really good. Can still hear my Cold air intake. Not too loud and annoying. It crackles and pops all the time which is really nice. The system itself is quality built. welds are beautiful as well. The install was a bit difficult when it came to install the tips straight but just take your time. I do recommend this system. Just know that it took 7 weeks from purchase to get to me. Dont understand how it was “too loud” to some people lol. Ive heard louder. And this is just perfect in my opinion. There was another SI with Thermal R&D Catback Exhaust and everyone at the shop said mine was much nicer sounding and worth the money. OH YEA. ALMOST FORGOT. as soon as i pulled out the shop. A CALI cop got next to me. And i thought “oh im fucked.” I eased into first and short shifted to second. Cop told me it sounded nice!!

Vincentbrown65

First Name
Vince
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
Has anyone else had a difficult time centering the tips? Also, it seems to hang pretty low and the resenator resting on the heat shield. I am catching the bottom of the muffler on speed bumps. I took it to a muffler shop and they want to cut hangers and so forth to get it center for $250. Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

(Sorry for the dirty car... she was clean yesterday... I swear:doh:)

Honda Civic 10th gen ***MAPerformance Civic SI 1.5t Catback Release and Group Buy!*** 20190323_080159

Honda Civic 10th gen ***MAPerformance Civic SI 1.5t Catback Release and Group Buy!*** 20190323_080157

Honda Civic 10th gen ***MAPerformance Civic SI 1.5t Catback Release and Group Buy!*** 20190323_080142

Honda Civic 10th gen ***MAPerformance Civic SI 1.5t Catback Release and Group Buy!*** Resized_20190319_220653_2287

JasonB10

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
Has anyone else had a difficult time centering the tips? Also, it seems to hang pretty low and the resenator resting on the heat shield. I am catching the bottom of the muffler on speed bumps. I took it to a muffler shop and they want to cut hangers and so forth to get it center for $250. Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

20190323_080159.jpg

20190323_080157.jpg

20190323_080142.jpg

Resized_20190319_220653_2287.jpeg
TELL THEM TO FUCK OFF. I GOT MY WHOLE EXHAUST INSTALLED FOR $100. They had difficulty centering it as well. Its pretty hard to align because it has to be perfect or the resonator hits the heat shield. Mine doesnt hit on speed bumps. I guess its all on the geometry of the pipes and how they connect. Sometimes you have to rotate it to find its perfect resting spot.

mmuldoon

17 SI Coupe
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 SI Coupe
Country flag
TELL THEM TO FUCK OFF. I GOT MY WHOLE EXHAUST INSTALLED FOR $100. They had difficulty centering it as well. Its pretty hard to align because it has to be perfect or the resonator hits the heat shield. Mine doesnt hit on speed bumps. I guess its all on the geometry of the pipes and how they connect. Sometimes you have to rotate it to find its perfect resting spot.
Yeah, an hr. of labor and they should be able to dial it in perfect.

joshhjackson2112

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' SI
Country flag

20190323_080159.jpg

20190323_080157.jpg

20190323_080142.jpg

Resized_20190319_220653_2287.jpeg
Nah man. You shouldn't have to cut anything at all! Mine turned out the same as yours did. Pipe touching heat sheild and pipes not aligned in the back. You just gotta get back under there and turn those pipes until they center up. It takes a good bit of effort. Better off doing it yourself. Please don't cut up MAPerformance good work because of poor installation.

JC671

Youtube: JaySi.671
First Name
JC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Civic SI, '90 GTR, '10 370z, '90 Mr2 Turbo
Country flag
First of all, I just want to say THANK YOU to everyone @MAPerformance @Daelen@MAP . They not only gave me an awesome deal, but shipping and arrival came a lot sooner and faster than expected. So a super big thumbs up for that.

The product was flawless and I have no issues with mine or any imperfections. I did have issues but those errors were on my end during install. They quickly helped me and help me resolve the issue I was having. As for sound, I couldn’t be more pleased. I guess sound is all a personal preference. Coming from a muffler delete with RV6 Catless DP/FP. This exhaust surely cleared that up and made it more deeper. To my surprise it even quieted it down a bit. I couldn’t be more pleased with the product and support I received. For all those on the fence. Get this..... I got the Race Exhaust by the way with blue tips.

OP
OP
MAPerformance

MAPerformance

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.maperformance.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 SI Coupe
Country flag
MAPerformance Race Catback Exhaust system with factory fp/dp.

Sounds really good. Can still hear my Cold air intake. Not too loud and annoying. It crackles and pops all the time which is really nice. The system itself is quality built. welds are beautiful as well. The install was a bit difficult when it came to install the tips straight but just take your time. I do recommend this system. Just know that it took 7 weeks from purchase to get to me. Dont understand how it was “too loud” to some people lol. Ive heard louder. And this is just perfect in my opinion. There was another SI with Thermal R&D Catback Exhaust and everyone at the shop said mine was much nicer sounding and worth the money. OH YEA. ALMOST FORGOT. as soon as i pulled out the shop. A CALI cop got next to me. And i thought “oh im fucked.” I eased into first and short shifted to second. Cop told me it sounded nice!!

Thanks for the kind words

Thats awesome hahahaha
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.