Not open for further replies.

jayee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si (Sold), 2020 BMW M2C
Country flag
Hello Jonathan,

You are 100% spot on with all of this, and I do very personally feel embarrassed that this is how you were handled. As I had said in my most recent email to you, we have actually removed members of our staff, and updated many manufacturing and shipping practices due to this group buy and how it went. Much of it was not up to the expectations we have for our service to our customers, and that is not acceptable to our team. Promises where made by former staff members that did not get properly passed on to people handling the orders, leaving people feeling as though they did not get something they where told they would, I am happy to hold up that promise for people that would like me to.

I know I went into more detail in my email, if you would like me to do that here I am happy to do so.

To clear up any info, the "Coated Tips" is only in reference to the Black Coated tips .

Hopefully we can get this sorted to your satisfaction, and reverse the feeling that you have that we dont care. As that could not be further from the truth for me and my team here.

MAPerformance
-Daelen
@MAPerformance @Daelen@MAP

I've gotten my replacement order but it is missing the front pipe to mid pipe adapter.... Can you please check your email. Much appreciated.
Sponsored

slinarez12

First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civis Si Sedan
Country flag
If anyone needs anything feel free to reach out to me and i will gladly help you
@MAPerformance I would like an update on RMA #8158. I sent my return in over a month ago and haven’t heard anything or received a refund yet. I’ve attempted to follow up through email multiple times and have not received a response. Please advise when I can expect my refund. Thanks.

jayee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
OP
OP
MAPerformance

MAPerformance

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.maperformance.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 SI Coupe
Country flag

OP
OP
MAPerformance

MAPerformance

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.maperformance.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 SI Coupe
Country flag
@MAPerformance I would like an update on RMA #8158. I sent my return in over a month ago and haven’t heard anything or received a refund yet. I’ve attempted to follow up through email multiple times and have not received a response. Please advise when I can expect my refund. Thanks.
sent you a PM

TheKevinlyFather

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Coupe (Sold), 2020 Acura RDX A-Spec (SH-AWD)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Got my Stealth exhaust set up with my catless DP/FP, will be posting thoughts in a few days but so far I think it sounds great and perfectly daily drivable while still sounding nice.

For anyone still lurking on this thread that was looking for black tips, I am selling my Black Tip Street Exhaust:

https://www.civicx.com/threads/map-catback-exhaust-2017-honda-civic-si-sedan-black-tips.36099/
I think this is the set up I'm most interested in hearing about. Excited to hear your thoughts on it. I really want something that sounds awesome when I wail on it, but not terribly loud when driving normal. I'm ok with a bit of cabin noise, just don't want angry neighbors when I drive in the early A.M.

TheKevinlyFather

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

jayee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Catless MAP Street Exhaust vs Catless MAP Stealth Exhaust

***This comparison is going to talk about my experience with a CATLESS DOWNPIPE. This does not apply to CATTED/HI-FLOW CATTED pipes***

So, after driving around with my newly installed Stealth exhaust for a week, I'm overall much more satisfied with the sound and drone (yes there is still drone). The car is noticeably more quiet from the outside, about 10dBA quieter from my measurements (10dBA difference is perceivable as about half as loud). However, the exhaust still sounds aggressive and "modded". Crackles and pops galore still happen. If you need to be under 95dB for state noise regulations (i.e. Californians) its questionable and this exhaust may still attract unwanted attention.

Inside the cabin, idling remains about the same, hovering around 65dBA for both Street and Stealth exhausts.

With the Street exhaust, driving normally would be ~85-95dBA with aggressive driving pushing the noise just over 100dBA. For the Stealth exhaust normal driving seems to be in the 75-85dBA range, again about a 10dBA difference. However when driving spirited, it sounds virtually identical to the street exhaust- you'll still get that ~100dBA peak. Like I mentioned before, there is still noticeable drone in the cabin with the Stealth exhaust, however the low frequency rumbles are dulled from the extra vibrant resonator. In my opinion it is completely tolerable, although your mileage with passengers may vary, I think most people would be fine with it. It just sounds like "sports car" to put it in normie terms - unlike the annoying sharp ear tingling low frequency hum of of the Street exhaust. For both Street and Stealth exhaust, the drone is loudest from 3k-4k RPM.

Anyway, you can see some short clips I took for comparison below. MAPerformance Stealth exhaust is damn near PERFECT for me and is everything I expected it to be. If you're catless and you daily your Si, this is the way to go!

***UPDATE*** 5/12/2019
Just took the Si out on it's first longer trip since having the exhaust in, about 250 highway miles put on it today. My thoughts haven't changed, but I realized that a good comparison would be that the highway drone is very comparable to the noise inside an airplane cabin - maybe a tinge quieter.

Exterior Sound

MAP Street Exhaust

*Sound measurements from ~2ft off center of exhaust (not a professional rating)*
Peak Sound ~120dBA
Avg Sound ~100dBA

MAP Stealth Exhaust

*Sound measurements from ~2ft off center of exhaust (not a professional rating)*
Avg Sound ~90dBA
Peak Sound ~108dBA

Interior Sound

MAP Street Exhaust

MAP Stealth Exhaust

"Spirited Driving"

"Cruising"

Idling

MAP Street Exhaust

Honda Civic 10th gen ***MAPerformance Civic SI 1.5t Catback Release and Group Buy!*** idle-

MAP Stealth Exhaust

Last edited:

TheKevinlyFather

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

***This comparison is going to talk about my experience with a CATLESS DOWNPIPE. This does not apply to CATTED/HI-FLOW CATTED pipes***

So, after driving around with my newly installed Stealth exhaust for a week, I'm overall much more satisfied with the sound and drone (yes there is still drone). The car is noticeably more quiet from the outside, about 10dBA quieter from my measurements (10dBA difference is perceivable as about half as loud). However, the exhaust still sounds aggressive and "modded". Crackles and pops galore still happen. If you need to be under 95dB for state noise regulations (i.e. Californians) its questionable and this exhaust may still attract unwanted attention.

Inside the cabin, idling remains about the same, hovering around 65dBA for both Street and Stealth exhausts.

With the Street exhaust, driving normally would be ~85-95dBA with aggressive driving pushing the noise just over 100dBA. For the Stealth exhaust normal driving seems to be in the 75-85dBA range, again about a 10dBA difference. However when driving spirited, it sounds virtually identical to the street exhaust- you'll still get that ~100dBA peak. Like I mentioned before, there is still noticeable drone in the cabin with the Stealth exhaust, however the low frequency rumbles are dulled from the extra vibrant resonator. In my opinion it is completely tolerable, although your mileage with passengers may vary, I think most people would be fine with it. It just sounds like "sports car" to put it in normie terms - unlike the annoying sharp ear tingling low frequency hum of of the Street exhaust. For both Street and Stealth exhaust, the drone is loudest from 3k-4k RPM.

Anyway, you can see some short clips I took for comparison below. MAPerformance Stealth exhaust is damn near PERFECT for me and is everything I expected it to be. If you're catless and you daily your Si, this is the way to go!
Thanks for this!

OP
OP
MAPerformance

MAPerformance

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.maperformance.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 SI Coupe
Country flag

Exterior Sound

MAP Street Exhaust

Peak Sound ~120dBA
Avg Sound ~100dBA

MAP Stealth Exhaust

Avg Sound ~90dBA
Peak Sound ~108dBA

Interior Sound

MAP Street Exhaust

MAP Stealth Exhaust

"Spirited Driving"

"Cruising"

Idling

MAP Street Exhaust

idle-jpg.jpg

MAP Stealth Exhaust

WOW this is amazing

Doc_Mello

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CBP Si Coupe
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

Exterior Sound

MAP Street Exhaust

Peak Sound ~120dBA
Avg Sound ~100dBA

MAP Stealth Exhaust

Avg Sound ~90dBA
Peak Sound ~108dBA

Interior Sound

MAP Street Exhaust

MAP Stealth Exhaust

"Spirited Driving"

"Cruising"

Idling

MAP Street Exhaust

idle-jpg.jpg

MAP Stealth Exhaust

Hella thorough! Thank you!

jayee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Update: Just took the Si out on it's first longer trip since having the exhaust in, about 250 highway miles put on it today. My thoughts haven't changed, but I realized that a good comparison would be that the highway drone is very comparable to the noise inside an airplane cabin - maybe a tinge quieter.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.