6 kmh? Can you please elaborate?
Sponsored

turbo lover

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Hatchback Sport Touring
Country flag
I think he means that it can idle along in 1st gear without touching the accelerator, and maintain speed. That's no remarkable new technology, my 2001 Golf would do that too.

mis3

First Name
PT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercedes, 2018 SI Coupe
Country flag
I think he means that it can idle along in 1st gear without touching the accelerator, and maintain speed. That's no remarkable new technology, my 2001 Golf would do that too.
I don’t even know this. If not touching the accelerator, the engine will die, right?

turbo lover

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Hatchback Sport Touring
Country flag
I don’t even know this. If not touching the accelerator, the engine will die, right?
Not always. Maybe the computer will operate the throttle on its own, in order to maintain idle speed. That is what my Golf did. Uphill or downhill did not matter, it would adjust on its own to maintain a steady speed.

mis3

First Name
PT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercedes, 2018 SI Coupe
Country flag
Oh boy. I have to try. I will stay in 1st gear and let it coast. Let’s see if it stalls or not.

The last time I drove manual transmission was 1999 Honda Prelude which l let go in 2003. This SI reminds me so much of the Prelude.

ClearKeys

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 WOP Si Sedan
Country flag
I have an hour commute with the occasional crawling traffic. I'll definitely have to give this a try. I'm so used to have to feather the clutch, especially with all the idiots who can't seem to maintain one speed. (I don't even care what speed, just stop stopping short or slamming on your brakes randomly!)

shihabp79

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Civic Type R #2740
Country flag
Huh? If I let out the clutch without giving it any gas, my Type R will stall every time.

Micah

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Si 4DR FlashPro +9psi (3k-14k) Ktuner TSP Stage 1(14k-30k+) '17 Traverse LT AWD
Country flag
Huh? If I let out the clutch without giving it any gas, my Type R will stall every time.
Let the clutch out slowly and it will not stall on level ground. This has been a method of learning to drive a manual transmission for a very long time. Learning to finesse the friction point in a clutch pedal without throttle will make you a smoother driver.

shihabp79

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Civic Type R #2740
Country flag
Let the clutch out slowly and it will not stall on level ground. This has been a method of learning to drive a manual transmission for a very long time. Learning to finesse the friction point in a clutch pedal without throttle will make you a smoother driver.
Oh, you’re just talking about getting going at the engagement point and riding torque momentum in first gear. Yeah, that’s nothing new.

shihabp79

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Civic Type R #2740
Country flag
Not really, depends on if there’s enough torque just past idle to keep the car going. Takes over for the idle air controller.

mis3

First Name
PT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercedes, 2018 SI Coupe
Country flag
I just tried it. In 1st gear, the car would keep at 6 KMH and in 2nd gear, 10-11 KMH, Amazing........

optikalillusi0n

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
I just tried it. In 1st gear, the car would keep at 6 KMH and in 2nd gear, 10-11 KMH, Amazing........
Was your foot completely off the clutch or did u have the clutch pressed in slightly?
Sponsored