think3mm

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 SGP Civic Type-R
Country flag
I just had my local shop replace my stock 2018 LX rear sway bar (kept original end links) with an OEM Si 18.5mm bar from Majestic Honda, and now I'm getting annoying creaks going over uneven pavement.

Does anyone know if the factory Si sway bar requires lube prior to install? As far as I know they did not add any lube that wasn't on the bar from the dealer.
Sponsored

L8apex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 SGP Sport
Country flag
Make sure the hardware is tight. The bushings are bonded to the swaybar so the bar wouldn’t really be pivoting inside the bushing. Thus, lubrication might not help. You might get squeaking if the brackets aren’t tight on the bushing. Abd if the hardware is loose at the endlinks, you might get a knocking.

OP
OP
think3mm

think3mm

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 SGP Civic Type-R
Country flag
Make sure the hardware is tight. The bushings are bonded to the swaybar so the bar wouldn’t really be pivoting inside the bushing. Thus, lubrication might not help. You might get squeaking if the brackets aren’t tight on the bushing. Abd if the hardware is loose at the endlinks, you might get a knocking.

Thanks, I'll check that.

PiYauD

First Name
Saha
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si LSM
Country flag
i dunno if this would apply to you, but when i changed out my SI rear sway bar with a whiteline, I had loud creaking randomly, then I found out that it was walking on me, so I installed some lateral locks and that solved the issue, could be something to look into.

Royal_Purple_Oil_Filter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
i dunno if this would apply to you, but when i changed out my SI rear sway bar with a whiteline, I had loud creaking randomly, then I found out that it was walking on me, so I installed some lateral locks and that solved the issue, could be something to look into.
Mine is also Whitline. But the noise went away when I tightened the brackets at 35 lb-ft and the sway bar end link nuts tightened with ALL THE STRENGTH I have.
Sponsored