LED Fog Lights white or yellow?

HalfBreed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Sport Sedan, 2.0 CVT
Country flag
Yellow looks better, in my opinion. I first had white LED fogs, but then switched to yellow LEDs.
Sponsored

tonton81

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring 1.5L Turbo
Country flag
Honda Civic 10th gen LED Fog Lights white or yellow? 20210725_211746

installed mine 2 weeks ago, Diode Dynamics SS3 MAX SAE/DOT white fogs, 18000 lumens

TLAPkenn

TLAP Kenn
First Name
Kenn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-T Sedan; 2016 Honda CR-V EX; 1999 Honda CR-V EX (240k+ miles)
Country flag
You can have both! Lasfit makes switchback LED fog lights that switch between yellow and white. I haven't done it myself yet, but there are a few review videos.

it switches between the colors when you turn on/off the lights.

https://www.lasfit.com/collections/...o&utm_medium=affiliate&variant=30123469111380
+ upvote. I have 2 white LEDs now with laminx light smoked tints. But if and when one of them goes out, I’m going to go for the switch backs. Best of both worlds!

JasNeo

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Si Coupe
Country flag
You can have both! Lasfit makes switchback LED fog lights that switch between yellow and white. I haven't done it myself yet, but there are a few review videos.

https://www.lasfit.com/collections/...o&utm_medium=affiliate&variant=30123469111380
I have a couple questions. First will they switch to the other color every time you start the car again? Like if they're yellow when I turn the car off will they be white when I start it up again? Also if you flash your high beams will they change then as well?

MachoGrande

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic HB ST (FK7)
Country flag
Always rock white LED driving lights...
unless you can rock yellow LED *fog* lights...
then always rock yellow LED *fog* lights.
:thumbsup:

(These are Auxito 3000K Golden Yellow off AliExpress but available elsewhere, in case anyone ever wants to know...)
Honda Civic 10th gen LED Fog Lights white or yellow? 16279251913610

Last edited:

MachoGrande

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic HB ST (FK7)
Country flag

That's actually a cool idea if light output/colour is good on both colors. "Cool a.f." for normal driving, "Functional a.f." for foggy/rainy driving... lol. I like it.
:thumbsup:

Basedgawd16

First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic hatchback 1.5 T
Country flag
Lasfit is the way to go!! they also got LED high/low beams

Honda Civic 10th gen LED Fog Lights white or yellow? IMG_1361 (1)

KYRGYZ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Civic LX, 18 Model X 100D
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Not a Civic but I got yellow SS3 on my Odyssey, just to make sure others see you.
I also got OEM fog light kit for my Civic, also getting yellow SS3 fog replacements
SS3 vs Morimoto LED (Civic and Odyssey share the same fog lights)
ended up selling morimoto and got SS3 Pro fogs from Diode Dynamics
Honda Civic 10th gen LED Fog Lights white or yellow? Screen Shot 2021-08-02 at 3.36.37 PM

Honda Civic 10th gen LED Fog Lights white or yellow? Screen Shot 2021-08-02 at 3.36.53 PM

Honda Civic 10th gen LED Fog Lights white or yellow? Screen Shot 2021-08-02 at 3.36.18 PM

JoshFK7

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Civic Sport Touring
Country flag
I have a couple questions. First will they switch to the other color every time you start the car again? Like if they're yellow when I turn the car off will they be white when I start it up again? Also if you flash your high beams will they change then as well?
I have no idea since I haven't put these in yet myself and I've wondered the same things myself. It looks like @PhillyFenom has so he can perhaps answer some of these questions.

Go switchback. Best of both

FB_IMG_1627533526027.jpg
Does the color change every time you turn your car off/on? And does using the high beams affect the color switching at all?

PhillyFenom

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic EX(automatic)
Country flag
I have no idea since I haven't put these in yet myself and I've wondered the same things myself. It looks like @PhillyFenom has so he can perhaps answer some of these questions.

Does the color change every time you turn your car off/on? And does using the high beams affect the color switching at all?
no it doesnt affect anything really; its a switch that when you first turn on shows the lights white, then turn off and back on and then its yellow; repeat to turn off/back to white

JoshFK7

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Civic Sport Touring
Country flag
no it doesnt affect anything really; its a switch that when you first turn on shows the lights white, then turn off and back on and then its yellow; repeat to turn off/back to white
That's good to hear. I see that you got yours from Socal accessory. I may end up getting the same set since I am local.

Do you have any pictures of the light output of your fog lights?

PhillyFenom

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
That's good to hear. I see that you got yours from Socal accessory. I may end up getting the same set since I am local.

Not yet. Been lagging. I'll try to get a video of how it looks at night as well as how to switch between the 2 settings.

PhillyFenom

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag

Sorry it took awhile been busy with stuff but here you go

Attachments

chanman

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Civic Type R - Champ White
Country flag
I got white/yellow switchbacks from DDM Tuning when I had my '19 Si, and basically to switch between colors once the fogs are on, you quickly (in 1 second) turn off/on your foglight switch and it'll change to the other color and vice versa... if you turn off/on your foglight switch greater than 2 seconds, it'll stay the same color..

Also, whichever color your fogs were when you turn off your car... it should stay that same color once you start your car again... hope this helps anyone looking into switchbacks! I'd post a video but I cant put them in my '21 FK8 cause LED housing :cry:
Sponsored