First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Coupe Sport 2019
Country flag
Hi All,

Out of curiosity for those who've played around with the level 1 and 2, could you explain how your experiences have been? (I'm on a 2.0L CVT) . Based on a stock tune im assuming that's automatically set to 1 (correct me if im wrong ) and 2 would just feel super jerky?

The only experience Ive had as a comparison is drive mode + Eco mode is like a turtle slow, but when you turn off eco mode + Sport mode, it can feel super jerky. Is it safe to say that's the level of difference between throttle response 1 vs 2?
Sponsored

bcrichster

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Sport 2.0L, 1998 Civic LX D16-MiniMe
Country flag
Tbh.. I left my throttle response alone since I do a lotta stop/go driving in school pick-up zones to avoid jerkiness and really grateful so far while still feeling like a better machine/experience than what I originally bought.
- Civic Sport 2.0L

bbeem

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 si sedan, FZ1, CR450R, Shadow 750
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I prefer standard throttle response and smooth throttle padding. This way the TPS has a more linear response. With improved throttle response you're getting much more throttle with minimal pedal at first untill you're almost full throttle with the pedal half down. From half pedal, to all the way on the floor is almost the same. The tune and power output are the same so might as well utualize the whole pedal. Why would anyone want it super sensitive and jerky the first half and dead the last half, I think it should be linear.

I also do a school pickup some evenings and have to stop and start about 30 times in a line of 30 cars. I turn the cruise main on for rev hang in this situation. Otherwise I always have rev hang/ cruise main off.

OP
OP

youo34

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Coupe Sport 2019
Country flag
I prefer standard throttle response and smooth throttle padding. This way the TPS has a more linear response. With improved throttle response you're getting much more throttle with minimal pedal at first untill you're almost full throttle with the pedal half down. From half pedal, to all the way on the floor is almost the same. The tune and power output are the same so might as well utualize the whole pedal. Why would anyone want it super sensitive and jerky the first half and dead the last half, I think it should be linear.

I also do a school pickup some evenings and have to stop and start about 30 times in a line of 30 cars. I turn the cruise main on for rev hang in this situation. Otherwise I always have rev hang/ cruise main off.
Thanks for the input, could you provide me more detail on what throttle padding is? and do you think I should look into changing that on my first flash

bbeem

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 si sedan, FZ1, CR450R, Shadow 750
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Thanks for the input, could you provide me more detail on what throttle padding is? and do you think I should look into changing that on my first flash
TSP did a brief writeup and quoted out of the ktuner online manual.
https://www.twostepperformance.com/pages/throttle-reponsiveness-padding-settings-via-ktuner

I can't stand rev hang on (cruise main enabled) for normal driving. Absolutely hate it. I do, however, use it just for that stop and go where I'm constantly 0-5mph. Instead, I think throttle padding: soft makes it nice and smooth.

If you're tuning from stock for the first time advanced throttle response is going to give you an exhagerated feeling of power. I honestly think that's why they set it high. Little inputs will make a big difference but you'll be about full throttle when half way to the floor and the rest is numb. It's much more predictable to just set it standard and use the whole pedal with a linear response.

You can always try different settings quick and easy, just have to wait that 10 mins to download again.
Sponsored