Throttle Response on the 2.0 vs 1.5

darrenng

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
EX
Yes. It does engage vtec in 1st and 2nd gear. I have the tune on my CVT Lx. I also have AEM intake. It is loud when vtec engaged! The recent updated tune really make a difference.

thatwhiteSi

First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si
The dealership gave me a loaner civic with the 2.0l while my Si was being looked at. What a complete pile of boring shit that 2.0l is. I don't know why anyone would buy that ffs.

deanysus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback Sport
2017 Hatch Sport 1.5T with CVT here. Response delay is definitely there, and definitely annoying. It's a little better in sport mode (which is why I drive in S almost all the time after the engine is warm), but even then it's still noticeable. That's the only complaint I'd have about this car.

darrenng

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
EX
When you wot to redline, it will automatically create fake gear shift. Before the tune, we will have to wait for third gear shift to have vtec kick in. After the tune, vtec engaged in every fake gear shift

motoguy128

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Touring Sedan
Probably not a big difference. Unlike a conventional automatic, there's no real drop in power during a change in gear ratio. At higher RPM's the torque curve is falling off fast, so power output declines the last 1000 RPM or so. So factoring in the gear ratio in terms of acceleration, it's probably almost a wash. Personally, I don't really care if the CVT holds a high gear when I'm trying to accelerate hard. I care more than it tries to hold a lower ratio during moderate acceleration.
Sponsored