Just got oil dilution recall done at stealership...

Rickmeister 48

First Name
Overlord
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic ex-t
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I'm in 8-18° weather here at times, like most of last week, I'm still wondering why Honda hasn't put my state on this list. I'm due for an oil change :)
Sponsored

MEESE15T

First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic HB Sport
Country flag
IIRC as per the recall the TCM will be replaced. Anyone know where the TCM is located? I imagine it's a circuit board encased in plastic housing of some kind.

I want to mark it with a permanent marker and see after the recall if it got replaced (i.e. there's a new component without the permanent marking I left). :D
As of Feb 1 they are not replacing that part only reflash for the one already in car

mis3

First Name
PT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercedes, 2018 SI Coupe
Country flag
As of Feb 1 they are not replacing that part only reflash for the one already in car
Is this good or bad?

Is the climate control unit a new and improved version?

MEESE15T

First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic HB Sport
Country flag
Good or bad i don't know,the part they were replacing they are now just reflashing

Dewey72

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic SI
Country flag
i have a question on the 2 TSB's for oil dilution and A/C control unit it states that the symptoms are misfire cyl 1,2,3,4, random misfire how does the A/C system cause a misfire same with oil dilution and the fix is just a software update that means the computer is throwing out false codes correct? reason i ask is brought my 17 civic si to dealer and he told me it was my injectors which i replaced 3 months ago also replaced plugs and coils, also told me i was not eligible for either TSB so i called h
Honda and they said i was eligible for oil dilution TSB only now im 50yrs old and have been working on my own car since i was 18 if your car is misfiring your gonna feel it in some way, shape, or form whether be bucking, hesitating, or what have you. so when im receiving misfire codes and my car is running great i can only assume they are false codes

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
I keep checking Honda recall look up by the VIN number and so far no recall yet. Is this only for cold climate states?
Cold weather states and only for earlier 10th gen models (2016-2018).

Last edited:

Design

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
09 MS3, 17 ABM Si Sedan
Country flag
i have a question on the 2 TSB's for oil dilution and A/C control unit it states that the symptoms are misfire cyl 1,2,3,4, random misfire how does the A/C system cause a misfire same with oil dilution and the fix is just a software update that means the computer is throwing out false codes correct? reason i ask is brought my 17 civic si to dealer and he told me it was my injectors which i replaced 3 months ago also replaced plugs and coils, also told me i was not eligible for either TSB so i called h
Honda and they said i was eligible for oil dilution TSB only now im 50yrs old and have been working on my own car since i was 18 if your car is misfiring your gonna feel it in some way, shape, or form whether be bucking, hesitating, or what have you. so when im receiving misfire codes and my car is running great i can only assume they are false codes
Misfires may not be obvious outside of what the ECU detects. My understanding is that the dealer uses a proprietary scan tool to monitor injector pulse in each cylinder. So if they’re saying injectors, I’d consider their assessment accurate.

That said, barring installation error, the injectors should be covered under Honda’s 1yr/12K warranty.
Sponsored