Status
Not open for further replies.

Hondaman_MI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17' Civic EX-T
Country flag
Took my 2017 Civic to the dealer today. Was there to have them install a leather steering wheel, which turned out really well. The service adviser came into the waiting room and told me there's been a recall. It included CPU assembly, oil change, AC control unit replaced. Updated TCM and PCM. Reset PCM and throttle position. Performed idle relearn.

Didn't have a problem with my AC, so not sure what that was all about. Does anyone know what TCM and PCM mean? Do you think the update will change my fuel economy?

Honda Civic 10th gen Had oil dilution recall work done today IMG_7983 (1)
Sponsored

lopcd

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Hatchback
Country flag
Took my 2017 Civic to the dealer today. Was there to have them install a leather steering wheel, which turned out really well. The service adviser came into the waiting room and told me there's been a recall. It included CPU assembly, oil change, AC control unit replaced. Updated TCM and PCM. Reset PCM and throttle position. Performed idle relearn.

Didn't have a problem with my AC, so not sure what that was all about. Does anyone know what TCM and PCM mean? Do you think the update will change my fuel economy?

IMG_7983 (1).jpg
Interesting, I am about to do my first oil change and when I was booking the appointment, I noticed the same recall is to be performed. I have had issues with my AC.

Deezy

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic LX Sedan 6MT (FC2)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

IMG_7983 (1).jpg
TCM= transmission control module...PCM= powertrain control module.

JCH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic EX
Country flag
Out of curiosity, how much did your dealer charge for the leather steering wheel? Labor + part?

SCOPESYS

First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic SI Coupe. . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Maxima Wagon. . . . . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Pulsar NX . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Maxima Wagon (2nd Donor Wagon for parts)
Country flag
One person (in Canada ?) reported that after the Oil Dilution update his car would not switch to mph, and was stuck on KM/hr.

Anyone else seeing this after the updates ??

OP
OP
Hondaman_MI

Hondaman_MI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17' Civic EX-T
Country flag
The TCM/PCM and throttle position update addressed dilution I believe.

civicdabest-foo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic x 1.5L turbo CVT
Country flag
Do you notice that the AC blows hot air sooner? Supposedly this is one of the effects of the recall service. The AC work has to do with getting the engine to heat up faster, IIRC.

OP
OP
Hondaman_MI

Hondaman_MI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17' Civic EX-T
Country flag
Do you notice that the AC blows hot air sooner? Supposedly this is one of the effects of the recall service. The AC work has to do with getting the engine to heat up faster, IIRC.
I haven't driven it enough yet to tell. My car normally takes 3 minutes to blow hot air, and at 3-5 minutes the seat gets warm.

NoKz

Speed Limit Tester
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Si Coupe (Sold 12/2021)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I assume you're not using a KTuner or Hondata right? Curious to see how these work after the TSB work is done.

utparatrooper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic SI
Country flag
I assume you're not using a KTuner or Hondata right? Curious to see how these work after the TSB work is done.
I'm curious about this as well. I was going to just get the basic Hondata +6 tune, but held off until this remedy eventually comes to the southern states.

briq4

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Touring
Country flag
I'm hoping that with changing out the HVAC control, that maybe, the defroster won't blow on maximum when you remote start the car which makes it so the engine never seems to warm up. You know only have it start ramping up the blower speed when the engine actually has some heat to it, like it does with the actual heater.

pjw7454

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic couple ex-L
I'm hoping that with changing out the HVAC control, that maybe, the defroster won't blow on maximum when you remote start the car which makes it so the engine never seems to warm up. You know only have it start ramping up the blower speed when the engine actually has some heat to it, like it does with the actual heater.
the car blasts heat to dethaw your windows. my civic is always dethawed when i get to it using remote start

briq4

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Touring
Country flag
Makes no sense to do that, the engine never has a chance to warm up, if this was logical then when you get in and it's freezing and you don't remote start, the heat would be blasting as soon as you get in, and it doesn't because it would just be blowing cold air, which is exactly what the defroster does when using remote start, it should ramp up as the coolant warms up.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.