Jumped a sidewalk, and not sure what I messed up.

savageryonastick

First Name
Franco
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Hatchback Lx
Country flag
So, tonight I was cruising with some friends in my 2018 Honda Civic, just bought it recently, however it was used, at 70k km.
Basically I floored it coming out of a parking lot and my car hit the ground pretty hard, and it now makes a weird noise and im not sure what I messed up.

Yes, I know its my fault. Yes, I know im not very smart, but im not here to be ridiculed but instead to maybe get some insight on what i should do. I will try to attatch a video of the noise on this thread.

Basically whenever I give the car any throttle i get this big popping noise, as if something is hitting on my wheel, or something like that. Could I drive to work tomorrow? My mechanic is a 45 minute drive, is it safe to drive on the road? Should i go to a random mechanic, im afraid of getting scammed.
Sponsored

Attachments

Doc_Mello

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CBP Si Coupe
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Yikes! If it's coming from that corner, jack up the car (safely!), pull the wheel off, and look around.

Da5hi30i2d

First Name
Emmanuel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 civic ex hatchback hpf edition
Country flag
Almost sound you damaged the axel shaft, makes the noise when initiate back and the. Forward. Yeah jack up your car and inspect that axel, you may want to jack up both sides and safely reveres and and put in drive just to see if still makes the noise, could also be the calipers

shoegazer

assistant to the assistant manager
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic LX Coupe 2.0 (CVT)
Country flag
I wouldn't drive it.... for safety as well as making a problem worse/causing more damage.

DRUSA

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R 2000 Honda S2000
Country flag
Take it to get inspected. I would not be driving it.

Roll the dice. An axle, a lower control arm, a swaybar link, a motor mount, all good guesses until you have someone look at it.
Sponsored