Is this a good deal?

xcoreflyup

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Hatchback Sport (Traded in), 2022 BIG PRIUS
Country flag
I sent a copy of the offer to another dealership to see if they could beat it, I got a "no we can't congratulations" lol. I might pull the trigger on this one guys.

Patience is the game. In this system, they have the right to make offer, you have the right to choose as a buyer.

Then again, its your money. Do whatever make you happy.

Oh oh, There are decent used Type R out there can be had around $39K
Sponsored

Hasdrubal

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Si sedan, 2015 Fit, 2009 Ridgeline
Country flag
I don't know if it's a good deal or not, but maybe the question you should be asking yourself is why do you want to trade cars? If the reasons there are compelling enough, then it could well be a good deal. For myself, I like the look of the older cars better, and there's no way I would pay that much money to just have something with lower miles... but I own an $8000 sword. Worth it? Absolutely not for almost the entire population of the US, but I'd do it again.

I do fall more into the 'get a Type R' camp though, if you want to spend more on a Civic.

OP
OP
xbbnx

xbbnx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Si, 2017 Si (past), 2015 Si (past)
Country flag
The reason why I am looking to trade in is that my Si got into an accident months ago and I am looking to trade out because it has been having issues ever since the accident that no one seems to be able to figure out how to fix it. I figured I just cut ties and buy a newer more reliable version of my car aka the 22 Si.

Edit* And to those saying get a used Type R, I prefer not to buy used especially a performance car.

shoegazer

assistant to the assistant manager
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic LX Coupe 2.0 (CVT)
Country flag
The reason why I am looking to trade in is that my Si got into an accident months ago and I am looking to trade out because it has been having issues ever since the accident that no one seems to be able to figure out how to fix it.
I can dig this.

It sounds like you're gonna' go for it. I'll amend my previous opinion to a 'hmm' given the better deal and issues from an accident.

Good luck.

Hasdrubal

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Si sedan, 2015 Fit, 2009 Ridgeline
Country flag
Your reasons make perfect sense to me, I haven't looked at pricing much lately but if the prices on the new cars go down, then so will the value of the trade. I'd probably go for it with your circumstances.

OP
OP
xbbnx

xbbnx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I have been having some really noticeable cluncking noise ever since the accident which has been hard to diagnose where or what is causing it. But in the process of trying to diagnose it the techs have found multiple "issues" such as Struts, sway bar, and Side mount. With the noises when driving and all these other issues that where brought to my attention, I figured I just trade it in and take the $23,000 and run.

P.S. Total cost of the Si after markup was $33,700. Subtract that from my $23,000 trade in, I made out owing $10,700 before taxes and fees. I'd say with everything I stated above, I'm okay with that.

rhino

First Name
jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 sr5 access cab, 98 civic hx ej7, 2003 KLX400s
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I have been having some really noticeable cluncking noise ever since the accident which has been hard to diagnose where or what is causing it. But in the process of trying to diagnose it the techs have found multiple "issues" such as Struts, sway bar, and Side mount. With the noises when driving and all these other issues that where brought to my attention, I figured I just trade it in and take the $23,000 and run.

P.S. Total cost of the Si after markup was $33,700. Subtract that from my $23,000 trade in, I made out owing $10,700 before taxes and fees. I'd say with everything I stated above, I'm okay with that.
thats better but still sucks you had to pay markup on a si...

Neciovato

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 370z Nismo
Country flag
thats better but still sucks you had to pay markup on a si...
It all winds up being a game though - he gets a lot more on his trade-in - $23k for a used SI with an accident reported on it - so while there is a markup - its almost a wash if you ask me - since the increase in the value of his used/accident reported ride is much higher than it would typically be in a normal market.
But agreed - it does suck that there are still markups.

OP
OP
xbbnx

xbbnx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Exactly, I honestly feel like I got $6000 more than I would have in a normal market for my trade, and on the flip side I paid $5000 more than I would have in a normal market for a brand new Si. I feel like I actually made out better than most considering my trade was a used Si with 55K miles with 2 accidents and multiple mechanical issues.

Neciovato

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 370z Nismo
Country flag
Exactly, I honestly feel like I got $6000 more than I would have in a normal market for my trade, and on the flip side I paid $5000 more than I would have in a normal market for a brand new Si. I feel like I actually made out better than most considering my trade was a used Si with 55K miles with 2 accidents and multiple mechanical issues.
Like most will say - in the end - its up to you - with the issues you were stating about your SI - I can see why you decided to trade it in - and it sounds like it wasn‘t as bad as people were thinking - bc you would have never gotten that trade in price in a normal market along with not having to pay so much in ADM in a normal market - so as long as you’re happy - kudos to you.
Sponsored