OP
OP

davidpeab

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Sport Touring Hatchback
Country flag
I tried the Bosch Icon wiper and it didn't help. I'll let you know how the PIAA Silicone work. Still waiting for the driver's side to arrive from Amazon. I will clean the be-jezus out of the window and use the PIAA treatment before installing them as well.
Sponsored

CobraCommand

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Canadian Civic LX Hatchback, formerly 2017 Canadian Civic LX Sedan
Country flag
Try clay baring the windshield or cleaning with grade #0000 steel wool (won't scratch the glass)

frontlinegeek

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 CRV Touring, 2017 Civic EX Sedan Honda Sensing
Country flag
I tried the Bosch Icon wiper and it didn't help.
Try clay baring the windshield or cleaning with grade #0000 steel wool (won't scratch the glass)
It is possible that there are some bad scratches at that point in the glass. I know that for whatever reason, my Civic developed them right at the left edge of the wiper blade sweep so I have to stay on that spot with cleaning/RainX to keep it from being stupid. So you might want to get up close to that spot with the old mark I eyeball and see if you can see surface scratches.

CobraCommand

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Canadian Civic LX Hatchback, formerly 2017 Canadian Civic LX Sedan
Country flag
It is possible that there are some bad scratches at that point in the glass. I know that for whatever reason, my Civic developed them right at the left edge of the wiper blade sweep so I have to stay on that spot with cleaning/RainX to keep it from being stupid. So you might want to get up close to that spot with the old mark I eyeball and see if you can see surface scratches.
Could be, could be just a wax or containment build up too though. Worst case if you clay bar / 0000 steel wool , the windshield is really clean.

David Harper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic coupe
Country flag
just installed a rainX latitude wiper and treated the glass with rainx. works perfectly now.

OP
OP

davidpeab

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Sport Touring Hatchback
Country flag
OK. I installed the PIAA silicone wipers and cleaned the windshield and the "special" area is gone. Now I notice the silicone wipers leave a haze on the windshield. I used them a couple of times - about a half an hour each time. It "evaporates" between wipes but is constant when the wipers are running constantly. It is like the silicone is being applied but stays as a film on the windshield. Does this clear up as the wipers age? I did use the windshield washer and also wiped off the wipers with a napkin (all I had in the car) and it helped a little.
Sponsored