iPhone 6 Bluetooth Audio Stuttering Issue

tandjent

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring Cosmic Blue
Country flag
I have the Touring model and just last night I noticed a fairly huge amount of stuttering and choppiness when playing any audio via Bluetooth connection to the stereo. It seemed to have gotten much worse just overnight which is really weird. I haven't had an iOS update for at least a month or two so I know that isn't to blame. Is anyone else with an iPhone experiencing the same thing? There is no way I want to plug in my phone to use CarPlay every time I get into my car. I had a $25 Bluetooth adapter in my '08 Civic that worked flawlessly every time and yet my brand new car can't handle it. :thumbsdown:
Sponsored

lightthief

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Black Civic Touring
Country flag
I have the Touring model and just last night I noticed a fairly huge amount of stuttering and choppiness when playing any audio via Bluetooth connection to the stereo. It seemed to have gotten much worse just overnight which is really weird. I haven't had an iOS update for at least a month or two so I know that isn't to blame. Is anyone else with an iPhone experiencing the same thing? There is no way I want to plug in my phone to use CarPlay every time I get into my car. I had a $25 Bluetooth adapter in my '08 Civic that worked flawlessly every time and yet my brand new car can't handle it. :thumbsdown:
Read the other threads in this section of the forum.
Not an uncommon problem.

OP
OP

tandjent

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Read the other threads in this section of the forum.
Not an uncommon problem.
I had a brief look at all the threads in this section and didn't see anyone reporting anything similar.

lightthief

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Black Civic Touring
Country flag
I had a brief look at all the threads in this section and didn't see anyone reporting anything similar.
It's just part of the general jankiness of the infotainment system.
If you swipe down from the top you can get into the settings and see all the processes running.
Your phone isn't the issue.

OP
OP

tandjent

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
It's just part of the general jankiness of the infotainment system.
If you swipe down from the top you can get into the settings and see all the processes running.
Your phone isn't the issue.
Thanks. I wasn't aware of the swipe down thing. I'll poke around in there and see what I can find.

lightthief

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Black Civic Touring
Country flag
It shouldn't even be there but it is.
The multi tasking is fucked up.
Either that or the processor is underpowered but any time it's thinking about something about else or has to do two things at once it drops out.

OP
OP

tandjent

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
It shouldn't even be there but it is.
The multi tasking is fucked up.
Either that or the processor is underpowered but any time it's thinking about something about else or has to do two things at once it drops out.
After reading through that big 15 page thread, maybe I will try the "hard" reboot tonight and see if the stuttering continues.

OP
OP

tandjent

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Just performed the reboot to my infotainment system and it indeed did "fix" the skipping that was occurring during audio playback over Bluetooth. Not super excited about this but at least it seems like there is something help it. I'm just wondering how often this is going to pop up.

lightthief

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Black Civic Touring
Country flag
In the chain the number for their in car support is listed.
i'd suggest calling them and leaving feedback and letting your dealer know.

OP
OP

tandjent

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Will do. I already mentioned it to the dealer over the phone earlier. I will dig that number out and give support a call also.

lightthief

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Black Civic Touring
Country flag
There is there twitter support as well Hondacustservc though they'll just tell you to call.

amalgamate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
Mine does it also and I'm using a Samsung Galaxy S5. This is very troubling. I upgraded from my 2006 Civic to the 2016 in part due to all the features & tech. If half of it doesn't work like it's supposed to, then I'm going to seriously start regretting my decision.

lightthief

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Black Civic Touring
Country flag
Mine does it also and I'm using a Samsung Galaxy S5. This is very troubling. I upgraded from my 2006 Civic to the 2016 in part due to all the features & tech. If half of it doesn't work like it's supposed to, then I'm going to seriously start regretting my decision.
Welcome to the club sadly.

ravenslate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring Sedan
Just performed the reboot to my infotainment system and it indeed did "fix" the skipping that was occurring during audio playback over Bluetooth. Not super excited about this but at least it seems like there is something help it. I'm just wondering how often this is going to pop up.
As far as the "reboot" you did, could I ask how you did it? Is is through the touch screen Audio On/Off Button on the top left corner of the infotainment or was it a Factory Reset you did through the System Settings? Thanks in advance for your reply! (I have the same issue and it's starting to annoy me, especially that it's happening on a brand new car.)

OP
OP

tandjent

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
As far as the "reboot" you did, could I ask how you did it? Is is through the touch screen Audio On/Off Button on the top left corner of the infotainment or was it a Factory Reset you did through the System Settings? Thanks in advance for your reply! (I have the same issue and it's starting to annoy me, especially that it's happening on a brand new car.)
It was with the Audio On/Off button.
Sponsored