iPhone 6 Bluetooth Audio Stuttering Issue

ravenslate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring Sedan
It was with the Audio On/Off button.
Thanks a lot for confirming that! I did a Factory Reset with mine and that seemed to have helped as well. I'm still keeping watch on the consistency as to how long it would work fine or if it would continue to work well. I guess, anything that would allow the system to restart seems to correct little bits of issue and make the system function properly again.
Sponsored

amalgamate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
Re-booting the head unit does seem to help, but once you start firing everything back up again (navigation, etc), how long before you're back to square one with the stuttering? Honda needs to issue a fix for this. The headunit computer is only going to get more bloated with apps and other upgrades that drivers might add on their own (or through Android Auto) so unless Honda comes out with a fix, I would think it could only get worse from here. Very frustrating.

OP
OP

tandjent

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring Cosmic Blue
Country flag
Re-booting the head unit does seem to help, but once you start firing everything back up again (navigation, etc), how long before you're back to square one with the stuttering? Honda needs to issue a fix for this. The headunit computer is only going to get more bloated with apps and other upgrades that drivers might add on their own (or through Android Auto) so unless Honda comes out with a fix, I would think it could only get worse from here. Very frustrating.
It took a couple weeks for me before I started to hear any kind of skip. I do notice an occasional stutter after starting the car sometimes but then it goes away.

dick w

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Civic Sedan Touring, '18 CR-V Touring AWD
Country flag
Honda needs to issue a fix for this. The headunit computer is only going to get more bloated with apps and other upgrades that drivers might add on their own (or through Android Auto)…
Agree 110% with the first part. But don't see how, without hacking, the second part is true. Can't add apps--or nobody has cracked how to yet--and Android Auto doesn't add apps to the head unit.

amalgamate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
Agree 110% with the first part. But don't see how, without hacking, the second part is true. Can't add apps--or nobody has cracked how to yet--and Android Auto doesn't add apps to the head unit.
Fair enough - I guess I'm just wondering what all those extra pages are for on the head unit main menu? I kind of assumed that over time, they would be adding more functionality within the HU that would be further drain on the computer resources.

dick w

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Civic Sedan Touring, '18 CR-V Touring AWD
Country flag
I guess I'm just wondering what all those extra pages are for on the head unit main menu?
They probably came free from Android. I did wonder that the first time I saw it though. If you can add, say, radio preset links to these pages, or shortcuts to buried setup menu items, that might be cool. But I haven't seen anything about being able to do that.

Pat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
A reboot of the unit restores perfect functioning for a period of time. I do worry about people that purchase this car and are not tech savvy. I hope that Honda does make this better, I'm not sure that most people will be as tolerant as I am.

Design

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
09 MS3, 17 ABM Si Sedan
Country flag
As mentioned above, need to rule out the phone issue. Reboot and test. If it persists, try pairing the phone with a different receiver (i.e. an older Honda at the dealer). GL.

ravenslate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring Sedan
A reboot of the unit restores perfect functioning for a period of time. I do worry about people that purchase this car and are not tech savvy. I hope that Honda does make this better, I'm not sure that most people will be as tolerant as I am.
Yea that's true. While some if not most of us here are adequately if not very technologically inclined, other 2016 Honda Civic owner may be very different. I am also tolerant about this situation (for now, since a Factory Reset or a Hard Reboot worked for me); but if this occurs again and the said "solutions" stop providing any sort of fix, I am gonna go freaking insane. (Of course a wired connection is still available, Apple Carplay, Android Auto, Auxiliary Connections, USB) But just the fact that you have that issue going on and you can't do anything about it, just drives me nuts.

jmat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-L
Yep this is happening to me as well. And to top it off, it seems to stutter when connected via usb as well....just not as much.

Anekin007

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX
Can't fix low memory issues. The system is already pushing close to the 1gb usage. Once memory gets low that's when stuff lags or crashes. I'm guessing most of the people that are having issues are the people with tourings. The extra processing of navi and constant traffic updates will bog down the system. With android auto shut down my memory for my ex system is at 750mb usage. What's the memory usage on tourings?

OP
OP

tandjent

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring Cosmic Blue
Country flag
Can't fix low memory issues. The system is already pushing close to the 1gb usage. Once memory gets low that's when stuff lags or crashes. I'm guessing most of the people that are having issues are the people with tourings. The extra processing of navi and constant traffic updates will bog down the system. With android auto shut down my memory for my ex system is at 750mb usage. What's the memory usage on tourings?
At a fresh restart it's in the low 600Mb usage for me. After two weeks of use it is closer to 750Mb usage.

pugbrewingco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Just performed the reboot to my infotainment system and it indeed did "fix" the skipping that was occurring during audio playback over Bluetooth. Not super excited about this but at least it seems like there is something help it. I'm just wondering how often this is going to pop up.
How do you reboot the system? Do you just hold the audio button down? Thanks

ahiguero

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black 2016 Honda Civic EX-L With Navigation
if you have an iphone i would recommend going to the diagnostic menu and disable android auto to auto start. that way to can free resources. if you ever get an android phone you can go back to the diagnostic menu and enable it. i which those settings were availalbe in the regular interface. I think there should have been like a guided setup:

Do you have a phone (YES/ NO)
Is your HPone an android phone (YES/ NO)
If you phone an Iphone (Yes No)

or something like that. That would help then enable just the necessary "services" instead of having everything "on" waiting for you to use it.
Sponsored