Intake feedbacks - based on real world usage!

OP
OP
bahndrvr

bahndrvr

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si White Orchid Pearl, 1983 Foxbody 4 eye Notchback
Country flag
DIY instructions for 'adding a duct into the wheel well'? Pictures? Details?

I can do it later, but had to heavily modify stock airbox - I'm going to be selling mine soon... I think i have a pic of it when I was going through the process I'll attach it now. I had the 3" pipe and hole saw so was easy, I then had to go out and buy the ducting, went with the abs plastic and it made a hell of a difference!

Honda Civic 10th gen Intake feedbacks - based on real world usage! IMG_1544.JPG

Honda Civic 10th gen Intake feedbacks - based on real world usage! IMG_1541.JPG

Honda Civic 10th gen Intake feedbacks - based on real world usage! IMG_1536.JPG

Honda Civic 10th gen Intake feedbacks - based on real world usage! IMG_1535.JPG

Honda Civic 10th gen Intake feedbacks - based on real world usage! IMG_1534.JPG

Honda Civic 10th gen Intake feedbacks - based on real world usage! IMG_1533.JPG

ebatr24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Type R, 2018 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
Try this link, I pretty much followed this to install the little adapter, then some couplers, clamps and ducting.

https://www.civicx.com/threads/stock-airbox-modified-for-cold-air.23420/

Pretty easy stuff, the hardest part was cutting the box up nicely and making it look pro. I also sealed it with some clear silicone so you have a nice air tight seal and it only pulls air from in front of the wheel. I did not cover the original intake tract though, my temps aren't as good because of it while sitting in traffic, but the fresh air coming in while moving is nice.

Last edited:
OP
OP
bahndrvr

bahndrvr

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Try this link, I pretty much followed this to install the little adapter, then some couplers, clamps and ducting.

Pretty easy stuff, the hardest part was cutting the box up nicely and making it look pro. I also sealed it with some clear silicone so you have a nice air tight seal and it only pulls air from in front of the wheel. I did not cover the original intake tract though, my temps aren't as good because of it while sitting in traffic, but the fresh air coming in while moving is nice.

Thats a good link, I did mine back in December so wasn't out there and time owns me - Husband, Father of 3, Working on second masters, and Manager of IT so it's hard to do documented writeups:) The mods with the PRL Stage 1 and the ducting to he CAI area will probably net way more power than your expecting:) AS stated before if i had ordered the PRL Stage 1 setup I probably would not have purchased the cobra as it's not needed honestly! Will sell my stock airbox, piping, and the ducting to go to the location for like $75 shipped if your interested.

ebatr24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I bought a cobra as well lol, probably gonna do the same and sell my duct setup for someone local. I can imagine that keeps you busy man, nice write up on your intake experience, reinforces what I already figured and makes me excited to get my cobra once it arrives. Should be quite nice paired with my Mishimoto intercooler. :dance:

andu951

First Name
aNDu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Si Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
That’s like me lmao, 26k bought her December of last year xD

OP
OP
bahndrvr

bahndrvr

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Do you drive your car when it rains? If so any problems with a lot of water getting in there?
I live in the land of torrential downpours every afternoon between 3-5 and commute from Orlando to Melbourne Fl every day. No issues for me, we have no water runoff as well and as the entire peninsula sits on limestone with sand filling in the cracks/holes in the limestone water tends to pool everywhere! I'm not concerned at all, use judgement before going off in a puddle and I can say that my PRL sits higher inside and is mounted firmer in the area in front of the wheelwell than the Injen did. I'm lowered as well, just use common sense and go around puddles, also one thing worth mentioning is the intake is on the drivers side, most water tends to pool and puddle on the passenger side of the road, so there's that as well...

AsianGuy98

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
I live in the land of torrential downpours every afternoon between 3-5 and commute from Orlando to Melbourne Fl every day. No issues for me, we have no water runoff as well and as the entire peninsula sits on limestone with sand filling in the cracks/holes in the limestone water tends to pool everywhere! I'm not concerned at all, use judgement before going off in a puddle and I can say that my PRL sits higher inside and is mounted firmer in the area in front of the wheelwell than the Injen did. I'm lowered as well, just use common sense and go around puddles, also one thing worth mentioning is the intake is on the drivers side, most water tends to pool and puddle on the passenger side of the road, so there's that as well...
Did you drill the holes with the bumper on or did you take the bumper off?

OP
OP
bahndrvr

bahndrvr

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Did you drill the holes with the bumper on or did you take the bumper off?
Bumper on, just used a stepped drill bit, seriously took me around 3-4 minutes taking extra care and caution lol:)

Micah

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Si 4DR FlashPro +9psi (3k-14k) Ktuner TSP Stage 1(14k-30k+) '17 Traverse LT AWD
Country flag
Bumper on, just used a stepped drill bit, seriously took me around 3-4 minutes taking extra care and caution lol:)
Still ballsy as hell. I'll guess you took off the plastic cladding underneath to get a look at what was behind where you drilled holes. No?

OP
OP
bahndrvr

bahndrvr

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Still ballsy as hell. I'll guess you took off the plastic cladding underneath to get a look at what was behind where you drilled holes. No?
Yeah previously knew there as nothing there prior to drilling:)

kingbudd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Civic Si, 1994 Dodge Stealth RT/TT, 2016 Infiniti Q50, 2017 Cadillac XT5, and 2017 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
Still on the stock BPV? Boomba recently alluded to the stock part being likely to fail in 50k miles. As you're nearly halfway there....
I'm sure Boomba is saying that so that they find more SUCKERS to convert to BOV.

odinist

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.mithgarthr.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Aegean Blue Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

Man, that's rad to see people doing my mod. :) Glad it worked out for ya, bro!

ebatr24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Man, that's rad to see people doing my mod. :) Glad it worked out for ya, bro!
Worked out much better than expected to be honest, with the adapter it doesn't even look too far from OEM. It seems to almost match the temperatures of the 27Won intake my friend has, I am pretty sure if I covered the original intake tunnel, it would be pretty much the same. Nice work man!
Sponsored