Spudrock512

First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
I finally did it! I have been looking to get a sporty car for awhile now. I was a little disappointed when I found out the Si was not available in the 2021 model and it is impossible to find a new 2020. I found this 2019 about 3 1/2 hours from me. It was a one owners "fun car". Only 8500 miles. I got the dealer down a bit to $22,000. This car is so fun to drive!!! After years of driving cars designed to just get me from point A to point B, it's nice to have something that makes you want to drive it.
I would like to do some cosmetic upgrades: underbody front spoiler, maybe the grill accent, remove some of the chrome trim on the interior. Any tips on who to go through? Are OEM parts better for things like this, or are aftermarket parts just fine?
Honda Civic 10th gen I joined the party!  2019 Civic Si Coupe Car Pic 1
Honda Civic 10th gen I joined the party!  2019 Civic Si Coupe Car Pic 2
Honda Civic 10th gen I joined the party!  2019 Civic Si Coupe Car Pic 3
Honda Civic 10th gen I joined the party!  2019 Civic Si Coupe Car Pic 4
Honda Civic 10th gen I joined the party!  2019 Civic Si Coupe Car Pic 5

jdm_mike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 FK8 CTR & More
Country flag
Welcome to the X gen family!

Best bet is to go aftermarket, which most members here will agree.

arpypat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Congrats on finding a clean, used Si coupe! Wow, not even tinted by the previous owner.

The OEM front lip is red, so not sure if you'd like it. It's also kind of pricey. The only OEM part I'd suggest are the HFP side skirts. But those are even more pricey lol.

There are definitely cheaper aftermarket options for lip kits.

OP
OP
Spudrock512

Spudrock512

First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
Congrats on finding a clean, used Si coupe! Wow, not even tinted by the previous owner.

The OEM front lip is red, so not sure if you'd like it. It's also kind of pricey. The only OEM part I'd suggest are the HFP side skirts. But those are even more pricey lol.

There are definitely cheaper aftermarket options for lip kits.
Windshield, front driver side, and front passenger windows are basically illegal to tint in Iowa (something like a max of 30% tint). I found this out when I moved back from Colorado 10+ years with my 2000 Acura TL. All factory tint had to be removed. It sucked, but it looked way better.

Brakes88

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 TYP SI
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
1st 2 pictures are featuring the OEM HFP lip (red) full bumper needs to come off to install.
And HFP side skirts.

The visiors are racingbees brand I got off ebay which were the cheapest I option at the time. Made it through 2 winters so far.

The red dash trim pieces are ebay/alli express just find the cheapest kits with the lowest shipping time.

Just a couple ideas,

There are also places like Pegasus carbon for interior trim replacement parts
Carbon sixth element as well does some great custom emblems
Vinylmods for chrome delete kits, colored lettering kits
There are alot of options! Happy modding!

Always happy to see another coupe! Coupe body is best body!

Cheers!

Honda Civic 10th gen I joined the party!  2019 Civic Si Coupe IMG_20200221_224656_760

Honda Civic 10th gen I joined the party!  2019 Civic Si Coupe IMG_20200201_112338_263

Honda Civic 10th gen I joined the party!  2019 Civic Si Coupe 20210403_172430

OP
OP
Spudrock512

Spudrock512

First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
1st 2 pictures are featuring the OEM HFP lip (red) full bumper needs to come off to install.
And HFP side skirts.

The visiors are racingbees brand I got off ebay which were the cheapest I option at the time. Made it through 2 winters so far.

The red dash trim pieces are ebay/alli express just find the cheapest kits with the lowest shipping time.

Just a couple ideas,

There are also places like Pegasus carbon for interior trim replacement parts
Carbon sixth element as well does some great custom emblems
Vinylmods for chrome delete kits, colored lettering kits
There are alot of options! Happy modding!

Always happy to see another coupe! Coupe body is best body!

Cheers!

IMG_20200221_224656_760.jpg

IMG_20200201_112338_263.jpg

20210403_172430.jpg
I dig that front lip. I think that is a definite option I want. I like the red trim pieces too. Are those actual plastic replacement piece or sticker overlays?

Brakes88

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 TYP SI
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I dig that front lip. I think that is a definite option I want. I like the red trim pieces too. Are those actual plastic replacement piece or sticker overlays?
The interior pieces are sticker overlay, wanted a bit of red inside and they were much cheaper then oem red replacement. Options.
When I am in car next I'll get a couple close up shots for you.

Just keep in mind that the red lip as mentioned by earlier poster that the removal of the bumper to install is not worth it for some. Mine was dealership install so I didn't have to worry.

SDAlexander8

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17ā€™ Si FC3, 17ā€™ Accord 2dr V6 6MT, 22ā€™ RL RTL-E
Country flag
The interior pieces are sticker overlay, wanted a bit of red inside and they were much cheaper then oem red replacement. Options.
When I am in car next I'll get a couple close up shots for you.

Just keep in mind that the red lip as mentioned by earlier poster that the removal of the bumper to install is not worth it for some. Mine was dealership install so I didn't have to worry.
Once you take the bumper off once or twice it ainā€™t so bad. Itā€™s good for you.