First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
CKP sensor is causing me serious issues.
Motor is in limp mode. Will not exceed 2,000 rpm. Dash is light up mostly due to my flashing back to base calibration.

Computer keeps flashing a P0335 code.

It’s the only code and it’s of course causing the code to show and keeping me in limp mode.
Bought two CKP sensors with the same issue. So it’s not the sensor.
Their are 3 pins in the connector. One shows 5v and the other shows 1.77 v and does not move when I turn the motor over.
CCS built the lower with the stock pulse gear for the sensor. Can’t seem to get the sensor to pickup the pulse gear. Like at all. (No indication right now that it was their fault at all !)
I cant clear the code and from all accounts, the signals from the ECU and from the sensor seems to be correct.

I don’t know what to do at this point.
Any ideas?
Sponsored

Doc_Mello

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CBP Si Coupe
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
The manual says that it's possible for the CKP pattern to be cleared, and it'll need to be learned by the ecu. Could that be the issue, if everything else seems to be functioning properly?

OP
OP
Jason Baker

Jason Baker

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
The manual says that it's possible for the CKP pattern to be cleared, and it'll need to be learned by the ecu. Could that be the issue, if everything else seems to be functioning properly?
So I went through the service manual about 6 times today. I don’t see “how” to make it learn.
I would guess driving it but how do I drive it the necessary distance when I can’t exceed 2k rpm?
We checked the clearance between the end of the sensor to the pulse gear teeth and it’s less than the acceptable tolerance of 1 mm.
I’ve are gonna find the correct wires that run from the sensor to the ECU and try to isolate them or replace them with our own dedicated wires next but god damn!
Soooo close to actually running this motor in.
Anyone have an idea of the wire colors for the sensor as they apply to the loom back to the ECU?
We can’t clear the code either so that it will go into learn mode.
Did the hard reboot with the battery terminals 3 times as well.

OP
OP
Jason Baker

Jason Baker

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
For posterity, what was the fix?
When I blew the motor, the rod destroyed the crank sensor and the wiring harness to it. After a while, I tried to find a valid diagram to rewire it. Then I asked some people on the forum to send me a pic of the part and connector. I used those pics as a reference but something got messed up because I had two wires backwards.
Corrected them and bam! Starts and runs like it should! No CEL and it revvs out to 6500 again.
Sponsored