First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 civic type r
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Ok so ever since I tuned this car and added all the mods it will get mad when I try to push it hard and the check engine light comes on and the rev match light will come after plugging it up to hondata the code is a backfire code why is that I've a more than stock tune And I've I've got a front pipe down pipe and intercooler plus intake and cat back exhaust

Honda Civic 10th gen I am getting a backfire code reading IMG_20210116_131723_152
Sponsored

Mcclaughry95

500hp is the goal.
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Civic Si
Country flag
Sounds like a boost leak considering this post has some more details then the previous. Or you didn't select a tune for the downpipe. I'd recommend not doing mods when you can't fix it. Built not bought kinda thing.

OP
OP
Icenhour

Icenhour

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 civic type r
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
What is the exact code you’re getting? Are you on a basemap or custom tuned?
James at ebtec told me it was backfiring that's what it told him

Mcclaughry95

500hp is the goal.
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Civic Si
Country flag
James at ebtec told me it was backfiring that's what it told him
I dont think it's even possible to backfire on a direct injection engine unless something totally crazy is going on. We need a real code to even have a chance to help you. Not what some guy said , you have a tuner so pull the codes. I'm sticking with a boost leak especially if you can't build boost after the check engine light.

OP
OP
Icenhour

Icenhour

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 civic type r
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I dont think it's even possible to backfire on a direct injection engine unless something totally crazy is going on. We need a real code to even have a chance to help you. Not what some guy said , you have a tuner so pull the codes. I'm sticking with a boost leak especially if you can't build boost after the check engine light.
Im new to this and don't know how to do it

Mcclaughry95

500hp is the goal.
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Civic Si
Country flag
Haven't used flash pro yet but it appears to be on the top of the page from laptop software. Then it should give you the codes.

kefi

oh shit waddup its dat boi
Threads
Reaction score
Website
fk8.clinic
Vehicle(s)
2018 Type R
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
You do see misfires on this engine given enough boost or injector duration.

He may not be able to build boost simply because the ECU goes into limp mode. I’m not 100% if the misfire CELs do that, but they probably do. If he builds boost fine before the CEL it’s probably not a boost leak.

turbociv910

First Name
taylor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 SGP Civic Type R, Audi Q5
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
correct, very unlikely given there is no fuel film on the port walls or fuel moving through the ports to ignite

Mcclaughry95

500hp is the goal.
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Civic Si
Country flag
You do see misfires on this engine given enough boost or injector duration.

He may not be able to build boost simply because the ECU goes into limp mode. I’m not 100% if the misfire CELs do that, but they probably do. If he builds boost fine before the CEL it’s probably not a boost leak.
Yeah I just dont consider a misfire as backfire. I'm not sure if he builds boost before or not. My boost leak only showed itself over 10 psi or so and I had to stay in it before the code would throw. We just need alot more information to really help or its a guessing game. A datalog would be a huge help with this.
Sponsored