aidan5678

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda civic sedan
Country flag
How can I turn off the front lights while driving? In my other car I can pull the handbrake up slightly and turn off the day time running lights, is there a similar function? It's considered common courtesy to do so when pulling to park into astrophotography zones.
Sponsored

shoegazer

assistant to the assistant manager
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic LX Coupe 2.0 (CVT)
Country flag
I don't know of a way to do that other then removing the DRL fuse during those times.

yansag1982

First Name
Yanick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Coupe Sport 6MT
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
you can't this is a modern car...they try to bullet proof them from people who would drive their car at night with the lights off...what are you a murderer trying to sneak up stealthy in your 10th gen? :hmm:

EDIT: nice try with astronomy stuff...hehe (J/K of course :p)

OP
OP

aidan5678

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda civic sedan
Country flag
you can't this is a modern car...they try to bullet proof them from people who would drive their car at night with the lights off...what are you a murderer trying to sneak up stealthy in your 10th gen? :hmm:

hahaha, you'll never know ;)

SDAlexander8

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17’ Si FC3, 17’ Accord 2dr V6 6MT, 22’ RL RTL-E
Country flag

I see people get confused that DRLs are headlights and they’ll be cruising on the highway at night with no lights illuminated in the rear. It’s definitely not safe.

Was never an issue on older cars because if the headlights were off at night, you couldn’t see your gauge cluster. Now gauge clusters are LCD screens always illuminated.
Sponsored