CivicX Basic Sponsor
First Name
Ann
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic, Wrx
Country flag
Not really sure how this one happened, but after a horrifying sound on the freeway, I pulled over and saw my engine cover dangling off. Limped it home and when trying to get up my driveway it pulled off completely.

Honda quoted me at $480 to fix it, or to "bang it straight" for free. Since that an ungodly amount for a piece of aluminum, I am looking for the actual part and just doing it myself.

Any suggestions on best place to get it? I dont need the plastic cover, only the aluminum bit.

IMG_1640.jpg

IMG_1645.jpg

IMG_1642.jpg
We offer a great replacement compare to the oem if you have not replaced it yet, give us a chance, you'll be really happy.

www.baddannlv.com

Badannlv

CivicX Basic Sponsor
First Name
Ann
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic, Wrx
Country flag
Don't get the same thing. This will happen again since it's such a thin sheet of aluminum for a skid plate. I replaced mine with a thicker piece offered by badannlv . Search it on instagram if you feel like paying a little extra. I've had mine on for over a year and my car is dropped on Tein Flex Z coilovers. I don't have anything to worry about.
Thank you!

OsirisPalko

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic SI
Country flag
Don't get the same thing. This will happen again since it's such a thin sheet of aluminum for a skid plate. I replaced mine with a thicker piece offered by badannlv . Search it on instagram if you feel like paying a little extra. I've had mine on for over a year and my car is dropped on Tein Flex Z coilovers. I don't have anything to worry about.
Do you have photos of yours? You should post a review. Looking at getting one right now just to make oil changes easier.

rhino

First Name
jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 sr5 access cab, 98 civic hx ej7, 2003 KLX400s
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Do you have photos of yours? You should post a review. Looking at getting one right now just to make oil changes easier.
no kidding the oil change opening makes it worth it haha

First Name
Heather
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Touring Sedan (automatic)
Country flag
Not really sure how this one happened, but after a horrifying sound on the freeway, I pulled over and saw my engine cover dangling off. Limped it home and when trying to get up my driveway it pulled off completely.

Honda quoted me at $480 to fix it, or to "bang it straight" for free. Since that an ungodly amount for a piece of aluminum, I am looking for the actual part and just doing it myself.

Any suggestions on best place to get it? I dont need the plastic cover, only the aluminum bit.

IMG_1640.jpg

IMG_1645.jpg

IMG_1642.jpg
I had the same thing happen to me several years ago, in my 2016 LX😪 I got an oil change at Jiffy Lube, and it happened the following day on the interstate, in the middle of a roadtrip😓 It was dragging, & slamming into my front tires😵💫
..& Unfortunately, the other night (in my current, 2019 touring) i hit somebody else’s, that fell off in the middle-lane, on the thruway😓
Put a hole in my oil-pan. My entire undercarriage was covered & soaked in oil, all the way up to the top my trunk.
*Over $1,000+ later*
Shortly after picking-up my car from the repair shop- i heard a hailstorm coming from underneath my car. When i stopped to investigate, i saw some worn hanging felt-material hanging/dragging. Sounds like a snow plow scraping the pavement. I can’t seem to find/figure-out if &/or how i can rescuer it back onto my car.
SOo0o..Now, I’m looking to find a new lower undercarriage/engine shield panel- hoping to find one that isn't ridiculously $$.

casper

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Civic Sport Hatchback (6MT)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
From my previous research, the Sport Hatchback and Type R have the same aluminum skid plate, although not 100% sure if the CVT models would have a different one due to different transmission housing.

I have the @Badannlv skid plate and haven’t had any issues with it, although the oil change doors are kinda too small tbh. I still take the entire plate off, but I do my own oil changes. If you get an aftermarket plate and get your oil changes done at a place I would just remove the plate before you go and put it back on at home. Otherwise you risk the same thing happening again.

arpypat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Anyone know if the OEM CTR plate (74114-tgh-a00) will fit 1.5 sedan/coupe models? My skid plate is kind of chewed up and was hard to reinstall last time I did my oil change. Would love to get an OEM one for $130 before I drop nearly $300 on an aftermarket one!
Sponsored