How much do you have invested in your Civic?

sLing

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Type R
What mods did you do on the ‘18 hatch ex? I see a lot of people here selling the part outs from their cars going back to stock because they’re trading it in which made me think dealers wouldn’t pay more for modded cars. Is it preferred OEM on the car? For me I’d sell it private or attempt to trade it in modded (see if they will go up) since I have taken it to shops for the installation. So I’d be losing more money by installing it off. Once I get my numbers down plus how much I paid for shops to install I’ll add my mods on here.
Even if you sell private party most people wouldn't pay extra for the mods. Best to uninstall and sell separately.
Sponsored

dstix747

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Hatchback Sport Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Even if you sell private party most people wouldn't pay extra for the mods. Best to uninstall and sell separately.
I agree. As I said in my reply, you'd need to be lucky enough to find that special someone that's willing to pay something for what you've done, but there's no way you're recouping the cost of mods. I got lucky when I swapped my '18 in that the dealer was desperate to have my car on their empty lot, and knew they could sell it even without it being certified.

Fortunately, I just did everything to this car for me and don't care what I get if I decide to sell, but I won't let a dealer have it at a discount!

LuDawg94

First Name
Luis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic EX 1.5T (CVT) Sedan
Country flag
I agree. As I said in my reply, you'd need to be lucky enough to find that special someone that's willing to pay something for what you've done, but there's no way you're recouping the cost of mods. I got lucky when I swapped my '18 in that the dealer was desperate to have my car on their empty lot, and knew they could sell it even without it being certified.

Fortunately, I just did everything to this car for me and don't care what I get if I decide to sell, but I won't let a dealer have it at a discount!
Hmm ok first time modding a car and got it to where I do enjoy it, thank you for the insight on this. So unless something occurs like with you on trading up on a good deal for a new car I’ll keep it for a while and then figure out what to do when that time comes. I’m keeping all the stock parts but paid shops to place the mods on. I got my 2020 EX in Jan/Feb 2021 for around 25k after taxes/state fees before down payment and trade in. I saw ST for 25.5k before tax/fees thought about it but not at the point to start paying premium gas lol. Didn’t find out about this forum till after purchasing the car.
Sponsored