how do you guys keep stuff from sliding around in the hatch?

biosses

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Country flag
how do you guys keep stuff from sliding around in the rear hatch? For example, my shoes will be sliding all over. what do you guys use?
Sponsored

vonlaser

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatch Sport 6MT
Country flag
I replied to a different thread about looking for a more grippy cargo tray:

Ah I see. Not sure about more rubbery aftermarket solutions.

I fixed my sliding cargo issue with the cargo net!

It doesn't require drilling like the sedan and coupe, just clip in and go. Here's mine:

Honda Civic 10th gen how do you guys keep stuff from sliding around in the hatch? HVSyHqL

Stegodon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic EX Hatchback
Vehicle Showcase
same as above. I bought the oem rubber/plastic liner it's grippy but not perfect. Then got the cargo liner and it works like a charm

fnction22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback Sport Touring
I was wondering the same thing.. Is that the only option? anyone rockin anything else ?

jackquelegs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback LX, 2015 BMW 328i xDrive
Country flag
Empty produce boxes I get from Costco. I just put 2 of them side by side, and with a sleeping bag.

GeoUSA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic EX Hatchback
Country flag
I considered many cargo organizer options for my hatch including the OEM Honda net and opted for an organizer from an Australian company with a solid (non-collapsible) base. It is especially useful for warehouse shopping. Load your items and once home carry everything in the organizer into the house in a single trip. It helps to have a 2nd person since the organizer is almost as wide as the trunk interior. There are less expensive, collapsible organizers and some include a cooler compartment. :cool:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000E81VN8

Honda Civic 10th gen how do you guys keep stuff from sliding around in the hatch? 41PouDE6sYL._SX300_

RaiseTheCat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Hatchback LX Manual
I considered many cargo organizer options for my hatch including the OEM Honda net and opted for an organizer from an Australian company with a solid (non-collapsible) base. It is especially useful for warehouse shopping. Load your items and once home carry everything in the organizer into the house in a single trip. It helps to have a 2nd person since the organizer is almost as wide as the trunk interior. There are less expensive, collapsible organizers and some include a cooler compartment. :cool:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000E81VN8

Honda Civic 10th gen how do you guys keep stuff from sliding around in the hatch? 41PouDE6sYL._SX300_
Was thinking about cargo nets... never thought about having an organizer like this, how does it fit in the hatch?

GeoUSA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic EX Hatchback
Country flag
Was thinking about cargo nets... never thought about having an organizer like this, how does it fit in the hatch?
Perfect fit. Half inch to spare on each side. I have not secured it to the Civic's fasteners although there are 2 good candidates nearby. The bottom is fairly grippy and it only slides around a small amount without making any noise.

BarracksSi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Civic Sport Touring Hatch; '17 CR-V EX. Formerly '02 EP3.
Country flag
GeoUSA, how tall is it? The Sport and Sport Touring hatch floors are higher enough that clearance from the cargo cover may be an issue (it's at least three or four inches shallower than my EP's).

[edit] I could've just looked at the Amazon link myself.. lol

15", according to Amazon. I'll need to check my hatch area again.

Last edited:

BarracksSi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Civic Sport Touring Hatch; '17 CR-V EX. Formerly '02 EP3.
Country flag
I had a vertically-oriented cargo net like this one in my EP, but am a little disappointed that the same isn't being made available for the '17 hatch. The cargo I carry the most often is groceries, and I don't want to mash them to the floor with the new style of net. I'll check out those box-like organizers instead.

Honda Civic 10th gen how do you guys keep stuff from sliding around in the hatch? 08l96-sna-100

silverrascal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic EX hatch
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
VW make these organizer blocks and Amazonia has them for reasonable price:

Honda Civic 10th gen how do you guys keep stuff from sliding around in the hatch? IMG_3045.JPG
Sponsored