BryanCO

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 SGP CTR, 2007 GT3, 1993 Miata
Country flag
GT4s gave also done up in value I hear. But putting aside “investment,” do you enjoy the 997 GT3 more than the GT4? Happy with the move? I was actually considering the GT4 vs 997/991.2 GT3 when prices correct (if that ever happens).
Re value, the GT3 is probably up closer to $30k from what I’m in it. The GT4 was a light spec car with an MSRP just under $94k. I wouldn’t think it would be anywhere close to the value of the GT3. I don’t consider these as investments but the more value retention the better — so that I can apply the value to the next car.

But, the GT3 just might be the keeper for me. No question a more enjoyable car than the GT4. A 997 RS would be the dead guy car but even the pre market craziness price difference was tough for me to justify. Now, no way. I don’t have that kind of money.

Ya, the 997 GT3 is the sweet spot in the GT car world. The GT4 lacked the special engine. The 991.1 has a flawed engine, is only PDK and, while super capable, is less involving. The 991.2 is the car to get if you want the modern GT3. The 992 will also be great but hard to get for a while, expensive and the evolution of the 991 meaning the best Porsche knows about building a modern street car that is track capable, fast, safe, reliable and full of tech (driver tech).
Sponsored

TheGreekFreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 BB CTR, '23 SO 4Runner TRD Pro
Country flag
Re value, the GT3 is probably up closer to $30k from what I’m in it. The GT4 was a light spec car with an MSRP just under $94k. I wouldn’t think it would be anywhere close to the value of the GT3. I don’t consider these as investments but the more value retention the better — so that I can apply the value to the next car.

But, the GT3 just might be the keeper for me. No question a more enjoyable car than the GT4. A 997 RS would be the dead guy car but even the pre market craziness price difference was tough for me to justify. Now, no way. I don’t have that kind of money.

Ya, the 997 GT3 is the sweet spot in the GT car world. The GT4 lacked the special engine. The 991.1 has a flawed engine, is only PDK and, while super capable, is less involving. The 991.2 is the car to get if you want the modern GT3. The 992 will also be great but hard to get for a while, expensive and the evolution of the 991 meaning the best Porsche knows about building a modern street car that is track capable, fast, safe, reliable and full of tech (driver tech).
My dream car is a Pure Orange 997.1 GT3RS......it just ticks all the dream boxes. But honestly a 997 GT3 isn't too far behind. Given most owners (myself included) will drive either on the street a majority of its life, the RS is a terrible value compared to the GT3. What are the 997 RS cars now, like $70K more than GT3s??? No thanks.

Just hope values for the 997 GT3s come back to planet earth so I can afford one sometime in the future. Outside of some cool older classics like an NA1 NSX or 993 C2S, which probably seem cooler to own than they do, there aren't many performance cars that get me super excited nowadays.

BryanCO

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 SGP CTR, 2007 GT3, 1993 Miata
Country flag
My dream car is a Pure Orange 997.1 GT3RS......it just ticks all the dream boxes. But honestly a 997 GT3 isn't too far behind. Given most owners (myself included) will drive either on the street a majority of its life, the RS is a terrible value compared to the GT3. What are the 997 RS cars now, like $70K more than GT3s??? No thanks.

Just hope values for the 997 GT3s come back to planet earth so I can afford one sometime in the future. Outside of some cool older classics like an NA1 NSX or 993 C2S, which probably seem cooler to own than they do, there aren't many performance cars that get me super excited nowadays.
Pretty sure orange was the most popular 997.1 RS color.

Check out this green one on BAT right now... Green RS

danfg2

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Platinum White Pearl Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
Very simple. Just love the car. No plans to sell either at this time, but life is unpredictable. It’s a long story on how I ended up with two of them, but yes, I am planning to store one under cover as a collectible and enjoy the other every now and then going to meets, events, etc.

I am a long time Type R enthusiast and my love of the lineage goes back to the 90s, having owned and raced a few ITRs, which I stupidly parted with.
Lucky bastard

TheGreekFreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 BB CTR, '23 SO 4Runner TRD Pro
Country flag
Pretty sure orange was the most popular 997.1 RS color.

Check out this green one on BAT right now... Green RS
Absolutely insane......the 997 GT3RS is probably one of my favorite cars ever and I would never even consider spending a quarter mill on one even if I had that kind of money.

I feel like not all that long ago you could find orange 997.1 RS's for like $110K. Now I've even seen some of those push into the $170K+ range :eek: again, no thanks.

SHIFTT_IX_MR

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 WW EVO 9 MR 548AWHP @ 30psi w/ E85; 2018 CBP Civic Type R #21151 - DD
Country flag
122K at Germain Honda of Naples. "Extra Dealer Profit - $70,000.00"

It's funny to see a 122K Honda, when anyone going into a Honda Dealership usually spends less than half.

michaeljf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY21 CTR LE (AUS-008)
Country flag
The three LEs I personally know of in Australia that have sold in the past month with delivery kms went for an average of $USD100k. They paid roughly $USD52k.

9000RPM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 CTR // '14 Cayenne
Country flag
Not interested. I don't have a habit of changing cars often. My 2018 will stick around until I can get my hands on either a Bayside Blue or Midnight Purple R34 once they become legal to import.
Sponsored