How do you guys find the CTR for longer trips?

Zeffy94

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mazda3 GT Hatch 6AT, 2018 Honda Civic Type R (traded in)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I've been using my CTR as an extended mini road trip (150 miles+) vehicle since my RAV4 died a few months ago, and while an hour or so of nonstop driving is fine, after that I find that I start to get more and more pain throughout my back, neck, and right leg (but not my left, ironically) as the hours increase. I'm pretty sore after I get out of the car for a few hours afterwards.

I did the same trip I took yesterday in my CTR today in another car and while I developed pain, it wasn't to the same degree as the CTR. It's not debilitating pain in any manner, but it can get pretty painful.

Just curious how the general Type R community does with longer trips.
Sponsored

sean465

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Championship White Civic Type R FK8 R-03927
Country flag
Absolutely no issue at all, can munch miles very comfortably and I am in sport mode. Can't stand comfort, steering too soft, throttle response soggy

Everyone's body's are different of course, but I think the ctr is a great all rounder

Last edited:

HondaFan2017

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 PMM CTR (ex BMW 420d GC)
Country flag
Hi,
Longest I did with CTR was 250 miles on the highway without stop.
I had no issues with seating. I am 6'2" and 190 lbs. Seat fully lowered, back reclined about 15 degrees from the vertical. Seat distance is set so that my left foot is slightly bent when clutch is fully depressed. Steering wheel is fully pulled. I sit chest up, back fully leaning against the seat. No discomfort so far.

SSchmed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cayman R, E30 M3
Country flag
I just drove mine 1100 miles and was surprised how comfortable the seats are. I did find that I have to sit up straight (don't slump) to be most comfortable. The 2020 with LKAS and adaptive cruise also takes away some of the fatigue of long-distance driving.

OP
OP
Zeffy94

Zeffy94

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I'm predisposed to a lot of genetic joint/muscle/body pain according to my family, so it doesn't shock me that I'd experience pain while others don't. I have to say that as a 5'10 124 lbs person (yes, I know, that's really light) I never felt like I could be fully comfortable in the CTR's seat.

bulbasaura

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Boost Blue Type R
Country flag
I'm predisposed to a lot of genetic joint/muscle/body pain according to my family, so it doesn't shock me that I'd experience pain while others don't. I have to say that as a 5'10 124 lbs person (yes, I know, that's really light) I never felt like I could be fully comfortable in the CTR's seat.
You could look around for a seat cushion for lumbar support, as I've seen some people on here do.

tacthecat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'12 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
Any chance you carry your wallet in your right rear pocket? I do and find that sometimes, in some pant styles, I have similar pain. Removing the wallet cured it. We do multiple 500 mile days at a time without any pain, if I remember to remove my wallet. Note - we drive a '12 Si Sedan.

OP
OP
Zeffy94

Zeffy94

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
You could look around for a seat cushion for lumbar support, as I've seen some people on here do.
That does help, but I find the cushion likes to move so I constantly have to reposition it, and it kind of is annoying. Not sure if there's a way to keep it in place.

Any chance you carry your wallet in your right rear pocket? I do and find that sometimes, in some pant styles, I have similar pain. Removing the wallet cured it. We do multiple 500 mile days at a time without any pain, if I remember to remove my wallet. Note - we drive a '12 Si Sedan.
Nope, I actually prefer to carry my wallet in my front pockets instead, but when I'm driving it's either in my hoodie pocket if I'm wearing one or in the center console area otherwise.

Tev42

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CTR
Country flag
Took it on a 600 mile trip and came back 6 days later. 4 grown dudes, mid-20’s, and a hatch full of gear. Everybody was surprisingly comfortable

fiend busa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R
Country flag
Exact same as you.

Over an hour start getting sore and achy in the same places you mentioned!

OP
OP
Zeffy94

Zeffy94

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Exact same as you.

Over an hour start getting sore and achy in the same places you mentioned!
At least I'm not the only one! Until you responded, I thought I was all alone from everyone else's responses in this thread. :p

tinyman392

First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic Type R (RR)
Country flag
I really don't have any issues with the seats. I'll admit the lumbar support is non-existent and I would like to have some (my '15 Camry actually had adjustable lumbar support). But I adjusted to it quickly. No issues with long drives (though I haven't gone further than 4 hours in a single sitting).

OP
OP
Zeffy94

Zeffy94

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I really don't have any issues with the seats. I'll admit the lumbar support is non-existent and I would like to have some (my '15 Camry actually had adjustable lumbar support). But I adjusted to it quickly. No issues with long drives (though I haven't gone further than 4 hours in a single sitting).
Yeah, I think the seats work fine for most people but I guess certain people are more prone to having issues than others. My dad's also driven and ridden in my car and he complains the same on longer trips. Unfortunately I don't really know how to counteract it, as even with a lumbar support pillow I still can't alleviate all of the pain I have. Plus, the cushion moves a whole lot so I'm constantly having to reposition it while driving.

HybridRacing

Elite Sponsor
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8 Civic Type R
Country flag
I've driven the FK8 across the country twice and it is a great road car. We usually put about 10,000 miles a year driving to and from show and track events. Last year I drove from LA to CA and from LA to NY. The FK8 drives great and holds a ton of stuff. I drive up and down the Dragon with suitcases and camera gear...haha no problem.
Sponsored