1.5T Horrible exhaust note with Megan Racing catless downpipe and stock resonator delete.

geeeek

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black Civic Hatch Sport 6MT
Country flag
From what I've heard so far, both catless and no resonator increase raspiness (no resonator being the worse of the two) unless you go full custom exhaust to get a specific sound
Sponsored

OP
OP

Physical

First Name
Avery
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatch Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
From what I've heard so far, both catless and no resonator increase raspiness (no resonator being the worse of the two) unless you go full custom exhaust to get a specific sound
Honestly the car sounded fine when it had the stock downpipe and a resonator delete, it was just really quiet.

My shop suggested going catless to get the sound I wanted, unfortunately they were wrong. My shop couldn't fit me in on Saturday so looks like I'm stuck with this raspy mess until further notice. It's so bad I'm considering taking a day off work to get the mufflers cut off and a resonator thrown on.

indexcow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX (Crystal Black)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
It’s just an overpriced glasspack. And it’s not ultra quiet in the least.

I personally use a flowmaster dbx, flowmaster super hp2, and a 12” glasspack with my catless downpipe. Zero rasp/drone, and is quiet below 3k rpm’s and very loud between 5-7k. Would probably work very well on a 1.5t.
@DarkLight Can I get a clip and picture of the setup? I have a 2.5 Flowmaster DMX on my 2.0L but I cannot imagine how you would fit all of that under this thing.

DarkLight

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic-2016 LX 6MT
Country flag
@DarkLight Can I get a clip and picture of the setup? I have a 2.5 Flowmaster DMX on my 2.0L but I cannot imagine how you would fit all of that under this thing.
There’s actually plenty of room. The glasspack fits in front of the stock resonator, DBX goes where the stock resonator is, and the HP2 goes where the muffler sits.

Honda Civic 10th gen Horrible exhaust note with Megan Racing catless downpipe and stock resonator delete. AD2AC131-0F4D-4423-B307-5FF10B17B41C

Honda Civic 10th gen Horrible exhaust note with Megan Racing catless downpipe and stock resonator delete. 4FACE6A5-D4CE-4D0C-A1C6-E880FFEF3323

OP
OP

Physical

First Name
Avery
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatch Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I'll edit in a cold start video tomorrow demonstrating note, but I finally got out to a shop that could accommodate me. Ended up slicing off the mufflers, and throwing in a glass pack resonator. The sound is amazing, exactly what I'm looking for, very low, very throaty, zero rasp. The drone on the highway is... tolerable.... for now.... But other than that I couldn't be happier.

EDIT:

As you can hear, this is a pretty major improvement over how it was.

If anyone is in the South Eastern PA area, I cannot recommend Red Run Exhaust enough. They're great people, they fit me in on relatively short notice, and I was in and out in 45 minutes after a short discussion with a tech explaining what I wanted done. All in: 175 bucks. Couldn't be happier.

Last edited:

socal818

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 civic sport
Country flag
For the 2.0 guys where did you put in the dbx? The front heat sheild near the motor or the second one towards the middle? I had a dbx installed yesterday but it sticks down pretty far. I’m afraid it’s gonna hit something, I am also lowered which doesn’t help. I like the sound but don’t wanna scrape everywhere.

fist4064

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic EX-T 6MT Coupe, 2013 Nissan Frontier SV
Country flag
How did it sound with just the resonator removed with the stock DP and exhaust??? I am curious how my EX-T would sound with stock everything with just the resonator delete.....thank you.

OP
OP

Physical

First Name
Avery
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatch Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
How did it sound with just the resonator removed with the stock DP and exhaust??? I am curious how my EX-T would sound with stock everything with just the resonator delete.....thank you.
Yeah I posted a soundbyte earlier in the thread, here it is again in case you missed it. It sounds nice, but it is really quiet, it's about on par with a stock 8th gen SI in terms of loudness. I honestly feel the car should have come without a resonator, adds some nice meat to the sound.

THATSi

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic Si
Country flag
27WON exhaust, but your gonna pay out the ass. Could go on about that at length, but seems that's pointless

OceansX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic hatchback sport touring
Country flag
I disagree with this. I’m running prl Catless with greddy, I think it sounds great. I’ve heard shitty setups before.
Looking to go this route, did u get prls frontpipe as well with the greddy exhaust?

OceansX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic hatchback sport touring
Country flag
I disagree with this. I’m running prl Catless with greddy, I think it sounds great. I’ve heard shitty setups before.
Do you have any sounds clips of this setup by any chance?
Sponsored