Highest Mileage 10th Generation Civics

engineering

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Touring
Country flag
Awesome! Looks like these engines are holding up to the reliability reputation Honda has created. Curious to know what the back of the intake valves look like for these high mileage civics and if there is any significant Carbon Deposits! Has anyone here taken a peak?
Sponsored

xTWISTEDWAYZx

First Name
Casey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic touring 1.5t
Country flag
You know.., not as bad as you would think. I own a 17 civic with 200,000 on it. Reading this post made me feel a little better than i had If you used good gas and in my case i cleaned it once, the build up in minimal. The cylinders looked good except for the problem that was the reason i went in there. The valves and valve stims no build up really if any it was just the start of it. The pistons looked ok considering what they went through, and I did run fuel cleaners a lot due to certain issues i was experiencing along the way.

It was tuned full time for close to half that milage and spent others only part time due to fearing reliability impact. Most tunes out seem fairly reliable. Its the bolt ons that can screw you if your not careful. I drove her hard, and then pushed her more, because certain things couldn't be fix after many tried, i sent that engine and had fun. It made it further than id expect lol . Strong little engine, robust transmission, take care of it and drive it normal and your looking at 300k easy.

islandon

First Name
Bo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Civic Coupe EX & '20 Civic Hatchback Sport
Country flag
I bought my 2020 Coupe EX new exactly 13 months ago. Currently, I'm at 28,500 miles. Not a single issue. My son's 2020 Hatch has 32,000 miles.
A/C failed at 30k and was replaced. Otherwise perfect.

Honda Civic 10th gen Highest Mileage 10th Generation Civics 20210319_095033

redcoats1976

First Name
jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic coupe,2015 camaro RS
Country flag
What I want to know is where/when these cars start to rust. I know on my 11’ RDX after 10 years of Canadian winter the rear fenders and doors are starting to rust, bubbling through the paint. I think 2012+ Honda’s avoid rust significantly better than the generations released around 07’
all i can say is that we have a 1993 del sol with 300k miles on it.no rust,but we live in florida .

bellamor

Bella
First Name
Isabella
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Honda Civic EX
Country flag
You know.., not as bad as you would think. I own a 17 civic with 200,000 on it. Reading this post made me feel a little better than i had If you used good gas and in my case i cleaned it once, the build up in minimal. The cylinders looked good except for the problem that was the reason i went in there. The valves and valve stims no build up really if any it was just the start of it. The pistons looked ok considering what they went through, and I did run fuel cleaners a lot due to certain issues i was experiencing along the way.

It was tuned full time for close to half that milage and spent others only part time due to fearing reliability impact. Most tunes out seem fairly reliable. Its the bolt ons that can screw you if your not careful. I drove her hard, and then pushed her more, because certain things couldn't be fix after many tried, i sent that engine and had fun. It made it further than id expect lol . Strong little engine, robust transmission, take care of it and drive it normal and your looking at 300k easy.
You surely made the most out of this car. I was impressed, how do you maintain this car? How often did you replace wheels and tires?

Last edited:

Civics4Ever

Rally Red EXT
First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 Civic Sedan LX, 17 Civic Coupe Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Found a couple more high mileage turbo models today ?

2016 Civic EX-T 1.5 Turbo engine 215,001 miles
59D92E07-8D89-47B0-94FF-E5370A3A4234.jpeg

2018 Civic EX-T 1.5 Turbo engine 244,539 miles
302228D1-0CCD-4705-990F-3D037B84FD32.jpeg
It's great to see these as I plan on keeping mine, God willing, for a long time.

engineering

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Touring
Country flag
Textbook Honda powertrain reliability boys! I think it's safe to say we're all winners here! :headbang: , I know when the 1.5T engine was initially announced a lot of the community was freaking out about turbo reliability. Honda does it once again!

Shankmeyster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Take the VIN on that Si and type it into Carmax and see how much they'll give you for it. Might be able to flip it for a couple grand.

Civics4Ever

Rally Red EXT
First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 Civic Sedan LX, 17 Civic Coupe Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
What a bargain at $27k!