High Pitch/High Frequency (Ear Piercing) Noise Sometimes Heard on Passenger Speaker(s)

Gozen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
I have a 2016 Touring model Civic. As far as I'm aware I do have TSB 16-001 (2016 Civic Audio Amplifier) installed. I know I have TSB 16-022 (Audio Unit Software Update) installed. Both updates were installed before I picked up the vehicle.

Since owning the vehicle, I will sometimes here, what I can only describe as, a quick high pitch/high frequency (I'd also describe it as, ear piercing) sound come out of the passenger side speaker. I'm not sure if it's the front and rear passenger side speakers, but I know I definitely hear it come out of the passenger side front speaker(s). When I say quick, I mean the noise happens for 1 second or less than that, and then goes away.

I originally thought this was happening intermittently/randomly, but I have noticed that this noise does seem to occur consistently with certain songs at a certain part(s).

I do primarily listen to Sirius XM all the time. The station I listen to is channel 37, Octane.

I can't say for 100% if the noise I hear occurs with other sources such as FM, USB, Bluetooth, etc. I think I may have heard it with an HD FM station, but I'm not positive.

I don't have a full list of songs that I have heard this noise occur on. But 2 songs, that I do know that it happens consistently on, and always at the same spot on, are "Scars" by I Prevail and "Get High" by Rob Zombie. Again, these are songs I'm listening to on Sirius XM channel 37, Octane and not from USB, Bluetooth, etc. I know I have heard the noise I'm describing with other songs, and sometimes when the DJs are speaking, but again, it doesn't usually happen all that often, but often enough for me to notice/hear though.

I have Neural surround turned off and I don't listen to music at very high volumes. Usually between 08-10 is my volume level. The high pitch sound I hear doesn't seem to be affected by what my volume level is set to either. The noise will always come out sounding the same regardless of how low or high my volume level is.

I don't think I ever saw anyone else mention this issue before, but I'm not sure how many Sirius XM or FM listeners there are out there.

I'm hoping that this is somehow related to software/firmware and that maybe a future update can correct this issue.

Just thought I'd post to see if anyone else has come across this.
Sponsored

Last edited:

inv4zn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Touring
Country flag
It could be alternator whine, or it could be the turbo spooling, which you think is coming from your speakers.

Have you confirmed it's really from speakers, and if so, how?