Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 TYP SI
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Good Morning!

I scanned through a few pages and searched a bit before posting here.
Im hoping to find some help regarding my recent install.

I've just had a 4 Channel amp and hertz melie legend 1653. front component speakers installed which were paired with my existing hertz 8ch DSP from the first stage or my installation.

Now my problem is after the initial tuning at the shop I find the front hurts my ears. Even as low as 6-10 volume. I had brought up my concerns with them prior to any of this installation that the high factory signal is a problem when just replacing speakers and they assured me that the 8 channel dsp would correct this problem.

But damn doesn't it hurt.

TLDR: installed 8ch dsp,high end front component and 4ch Amp.
Now it hurts my ears(too high pitched)

Should i honda hack signal flat?

Attempt to tune down the high end?

Thanks you for any recommendation, advice, experience and taking the time to read through the post!

Honda Civic 10th gen Piercing highs after replacing factory front speakers 2019 SI Screenshot_20200906-070658_Samsung Internet

Honda Civic 10th gen Piercing highs after replacing factory front speakers 2019 SI Screenshot_20200906-070716_Samsung Internet

Honda Civic 10th gen Piercing highs after replacing factory front speakers 2019 SI Screenshot_20200906-070749_Samsung Internet

Honda Civic 10th gen Piercing highs after replacing factory front speakers 2019 SI IMG_20200717_205033_703

PandaXpress

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
EX-T with Honda Sensing
Country flag
you have some nice stuff but before you try all that you can open up your Hertz crossover and put the Tweeter Level and -2dB see how that goes

OP
OP
Brakes88

Brakes88

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 TYP SI
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Thanks! Ill look into that. The GF also pointed out first time she hopped in after the front install there is a constant high pitch static.

Its coming through even when I turn the audio off. Which might be part of the issue.

PandaXpress

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
EX-T with Honda Sensing
Country flag
Could be alot of things and hopefully just a bad ground
Watch this video i follow this guy he has good car audio videos

shoegazer

assistant to the assistant manager
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic LX Coupe 2.0 (CVT)
Country flag
In addition to all of the above...

Ear fatigue is a real thing. You can use The Google if you want to go down the rabbit hole.

I guess it's possible that there's a phase (time) issue with your new stuff. But, generally, Honda's processing can be really harsh in the upper range. And that will cause strain on your ears similar to squinting in bright sunlight.

Even with the 'highs' turned all the way down; I would still get a headache with the Honda system. Try it. It's weird how they have designed it.

For now... you can experiment with covering the tweeters with a folded Kleenex or similar tissue and see if it helps.

And if someone is hearing noise from the amp without any signal passing through; that may be a gain stage issue (too low of an input into the amp) that's adding noise (and distortion).

Lastly... if you can put the amp in bypass mode; you can experiment and see if the amp is the thing causing your ears to bleed.

Good luck.

SiLee207

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Si
Country flag
Did you find a solution to this? I have the same problem in my 2020 SI

OP
OP
Brakes88

Brakes88

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 TYP SI
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Currently driving with ear plugs in. Waiting until i can get back into the install shop, only started having these problems after they installed the 4 channel and front components.

If i can't swing a removal of the product and refund. Ill be attempting what PandaXpress mentioned.
Sponsored