Hatchback Sport lip on Si

Akinari

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Element
I looked around but wasn't able to find anything definitive.

I just went to the dealership and checked out an Si Coupe.

I noticed that out of all the Civics, only the Hatch Sport has a factory front lip in gloss black that is different from the HFP lip, it sticks out much more and also at the sides. I much prefer this one over the HFP lip and I had a look underneath the front bumper of the Si and the Hatch Sport, and the mounting points are the same for the lip.

Theoretically speaking one could buy the OEM Hatch Sport gloss black lip and stick it on an Si, since the front bumpers are identical.

I'm 99% sure it's possible but can anyone confirm if this is the case? I'll be getting an Si Coupe before the end of the year and would much prefer the Hatch Sport lip over the accessory HFP lip.
Sponsored

Design

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
09 MS3, 17 ABM Si Sedan
Country flag
Last edited:

czr311

First Name
Cesar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 BMW M3 2017 Civic SI
Country flag
Interested as well

FK7_

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si Sedan, 2015 Acura MDX Elite
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I was shocked when I went to check out the si that it doesn't have the same lip kit as my sport. Funny how they made the hatch sport/st more aggressive looking than the si.

polished1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
nothing
Country flag
I've been thinking about this the whole 2 months I've owned my SI but havent made any moves myself. I think I'd be more motivated to do so if I ran into a sport while driving around and could compare bumpers so confirm they are the same.

FKSE7EN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 HatchBack Sport 6MT
Country flag
I was shocked when I went to check out the si that it doesn't have the same lip kit as my sport. Funny how they made the hatch sport/st more aggressive looking than the si.
This is exactly why I think the Si is no longer unique when it comes to appearance.

OP
OP

Akinari

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Element
The thing is, a proper aftermarket front lip, whenever a reputable brand comes out with one, would probably be either cheaper or equivalent to the Sport lip/grille once install is all said and done. Pretty sure after looking at the two cars and underneath that's it's identical and compatible, but an aftermarket lip would probably look better and be of similar cost.

TophersSI

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si Coupe 2010 Harley Davidson Ultra Classic
Vehicle Showcase
I looked around but wasn't able to find anything definitive.

I just went to the dealership and checked out an Si Coupe.

I noticed that out of all the Civics, only the Hatch Sport has a factory front lip in gloss black that is different from the HFP lip, it sticks out much more and also at the sides. I much prefer this one over the HFP lip and I had a look underneath the front bumper of the Si and the Hatch Sport, and the mounting points are the same for the lip.

Theoretically speaking one could buy the OEM Hatch Sport gloss black lip and stick it on an Si, since the front bumpers are identical.

I'm 99% sure it's possible but can anyone confirm if this is the case? I'll be getting an Si Coupe before the end of the year and would much prefer the Hatch Sport lip over the accessory HFP lip.
I hope your thread gets some visibility with our si readers. I am curious also if the hatch sport splitter will match up on the si for a direct bold on. Hopefully someone will research this or attempt it and post their findings along with a few pics.

JDM_DOHC_SiR

Uncle Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Acura TLX Type-S / 2018 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
Honda Civic 10th gen Hatchback Sport lip on Si IMG_2479.JPG
The Sport lip fits on the Si but there are a few tweaks that need to be done to the mounting holes that are slightly off ;)
You will need to purchase the lower lip, grill and some fasteners :thumbsup:

Last edited:
OP
OP

Akinari

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Element
IMG_2479.JPG
The Sport lip fits on the Si but there are a few tweaks that need to be done to the mounting holes that are slightly off ;)
Awesome! Would you be able to share the exact P/Ns that are needed?

andyboyd102

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Si
Country flag
IMG_2479.JPG
I'm interested in doing this too, post some pictures of the install please and more details of parts needed

556ALPHA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Coupe
IMG_2479.JPG
Curious to see how this worked out as well?

JDM_DOHC_SiR

Uncle Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Acura TLX Type-S / 2018 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag