hockeymutt

First Name
mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 si
Country flag
So looks like the hatch and sedan hfp kits are interchange able so why wouldn't the type r lip fit and it's close to half the price @200 or so and looks better than the hfp lip.

Here's the part number 71105-TGH-A00
Sponsored

SecretAgentDannyBeans

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lunar Silver Civic SI Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
So looks like the hatch and sedan hfp kits are interchange able so why wouldn't the type r lip fit and it's close to half the price @200 or so and looks better than the hfp lip.

Here's the part number 71105-TGH-A00
The Type R bumper is wider. That said someone did put one on a SI on one of the Facebook groups. I'll try and find the picture again.

FC1E5

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Country flag
Doesn't look quite bad actually.

PilotZero

First Name
Mickey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Touring Sedan (totaled) 2017 Type R (#322)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Is that red logo throwing anyone off? That's not the Type R bumper, it's the hatch bumper with a red logo (and I think the Type R's underbody spoiler). The Type R bumper has active side vents, but I first noticed something was off when I didn't see the little circles where the parking sensors were supposed to be, lol.

Honda Civic 10th gen Type r lip on si sedan 2017-Honda-Civic-Type-R-front-end

Donuyen18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda s2000
Country flag
Is that red logo throwing anyone off? That's not the Type R bumper, it's the hatch bumper with a red logo (and I think the Type R's underbody spoiler). The Type R bumper has active side vents, but I first noticed something was off when I didn't see the little circles where the parking sensors were supposed to be, lol.

2017-Honda-Civic-Type-R-front-end.jpg
1st, that's a Si logo. 2nd, everyone on this site is familiar with the type r bumper. The point of this thread was to see if a type r lip could fit on a. On type r bumper. That's exactly what the photo shows.

REDRAGN53

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No Civic now..
Any info on how they attached it? Cant tell from pics but I wonder it the brake ducts could be made functional?

Timmeh8604

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback EX
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
From what I was looking at as I was wanting to do this, it appears unlike the sport front lip for the hatch is one piece, the type r lip is separate from the under splash guard deal which may mean the other piece is different and may be needed to mount the lip properly. That being said I am sure you could find a way to mount it without the other piece. I haven't been able to look into it more yet.